B4i Library iWebSocket

Attachments

• B4i-WebSocketClient.zip
    3.7 KB · Views: 235
Last edited:

narek adonts

Licensed User
Longtime User
I know but I was thinking to implement a Chat service with photo/video sharing in my app with websockets as I think regular handlers are not so suitable for this.
Will be great to be able to receive bytes data with b4j jServer.
Now I am thinking to mix websockets with MQTT. So to initialize a connection I think to use a websocket and for the rest MQTT. What do you think? The only thing that I dont know how to handle are the offline messages.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I know but I was thinking to implement a Chat service with photo/video sharing in my app with websockets as I think regular handlers are not so suitable for this
Why not? They are more suitable for this than websockets.

So to initialize a connection I think to use a websocket and for the rest MQTT
Hard to say without understanding your requirements...

Ju Yang

Licensed User
Longtime User
Now, our company have a project need to transfer Files between iOS/Android(programmed by B4i/B4A) and the Web Server (we use websocket.io with Node.js to build file server), is there other good library to transfer binary stream except iWebSocket? now I found iWebSocket only support string transfer.

Ju Yang

Licensed User
Longtime User
There is no other websocket implementation. However you should use a regular handler to transfer the files. There is no advantage for websockets when transferring files.
Have you any suggestion what kind of library, implementation (or the so called handler) that can reach file transferring without any encoding method that will waste throughput and bandwidth.