Android Question java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: No virtual method subscribeToTopic

wimpie3

Licensed User
Longtime User
I get this error when trying the Firebase Messaging example from Erel:
B4X:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: No virtual method subscribeToTopic

The sub in FirebaseMessaging is called SubscribeToTopics (plural!) and the call in Service_Create is CallSubDelayed(FirebaseMessaging, "SubscribeToTopics") (also plural).

Target API is 26, latest firebase-messaging version 17.1.0 (and all other libs are up to date as well).

Using the latest B4A and compiled in release mode.

wimpie3

Licensed User
Longtime User
Fixed after doing a clean project! (however, my messages are not arriving, but that's another issue)

Upvote 0

Louis Moskowitz

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi

I am also getting this error. Tried doing a 'Clean Project' and no change. Core Version 8.30, FirebaseNotifications Version 1.21.

Any ideas?

Louis

Upvote 0

Louis Moskowitz

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks, Erel. I will go through the other threads and then post a reply here. I am away for a few days so this will only be next week.

Upvote 0

Louis Moskowitz

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok, guys. This specific issue was solved for me by doing a fresh install of the Android SDK. So I renamed the folder, downloaded and installed it (It took a very long time to install, so one needs to be patient.) After the install, Pointed the folders correctly in tools configure paths etc. and all is working fine now.

Thanks guys.

Upvote 0