Android Question JDBC_DRIVER FOLDER (RDC)

rafaelcamara

Licensed User
Longtime User
please someone help me with RDC, I am not able to identify the jdbc_driver folder, I already searched the Android folder and did not find it. As I proceed to configure the RDC, I have already downloaded to depedencias libraries but I do not know what to do now.

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
RDC must run on a linux or windows machine...
RDC does not run on Android. The RDC Client can be android for sure.

Upvote 0

rafaelcamara

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok, my friend, I really want to use RDC Client, actually I want to connect to a .mdb database on a computer on the network can I do this with RDC?

Upvote 0

rafaelcamara

Licensed User
Longtime User
Okay, but I'm not sure how to configure JRDC2, where exactly do I need to add those files and modules that came in the compressed file?

I read in the tutorial that I should play the libraries in the jdbc_driver folder but I did not find this folder anywhere.

Upvote 0

rafaelcamara

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok Donmanfred, sorry for my ignorance but you have a step by step how to configure the RDC to access the .mdb database remotely or through the local network, I thank you greatly

Upvote 0

rafaelcamara

Licensed User
Longtime User

I followed your example, and I configured the rdc server, it is running but when running the client application this is returning me that can not connect to the data base, this way that you can not execute in B4A using the sql library or only with jsql library with B4j?

Upvote 0

rafaelcamara

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok, I'm going to try, but I'm having difficulty configuring JRDC2, where do I add those modules that came in the .zip file?

Upvote 0

OliverA

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
where do I add those modules that came in the .zip file
If you are asking where on your hard disk you should place these files, then it should be wherever you have your "Additional Libraries" folder configured in your B4J IDE (Menu: 'Tools' -> 'Configure Paths').

Upvote 0

rafaelcamara

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for the help, I managed to run the JRDC2 server here on my desktop, now I have another problem, I am trying to run the client app with b4A, but this error is occurring:

'''''''''
B4A version: 7.00 BETA #1
Parsing code. (0.00s)
Compiling code. (0.06s)
Compiling layouts code. (0.00s)
Organizing libraries. (0.00s)
Generating R file. (0.04s)
Compiling debugger engine code. (1.05s)
Compiling generated Java code. Error
B4A line: 86
Log(\
javac 1.8.0_121
src\b4a\example\dbrequestmanager.java:156: error: non-static method getActivityBA() cannot be referenced from a static context
parent.__c.Log("Error reading response: "+BA.ObjectToString(parent.__c.LastException(getActivityBA())));
^
1 error

''''''
I added dbRequestManager.bas with the HandleJobAsync feature as reported in the tutorial, but I can not identify what is causing this error, can it be some library that is missing add? Why B4A IDE does not show any error, only when compiling.

Upvote 0