jfeinstein10 SlidingMenu library

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilipBrown

Licensed User
Longtime User
Sorry but it's still not clear.
I understand the idea of #AdditionalRes, but I want to give an actual example showing where to put the folders.

I have used both GIT and Eclipse to download the project from https://github.com/jfeinstein10/SlidingMenu.git
Then I ran Project>Clean in Eclipse
The resulting folders and files are fairly similar whether I use GIT or Eclipse.

In each case, there are two folders called res:
\library\res
\example\res
I do not know which one to use.

I copy one of them into the folder specified by B4A [Tools>Configure Paths] Shared Modules folder (not knowing where to actually put the folder).
I change the #AdditionalRes line to specify this folder.
When I run the app, it compiles and installs exactly as before but never gets past the line
sm.Initialize("sm")
although the app seems to be still running on the device.

Exactly the same happens no matter which of the two res folders I use.
I have spent a day trying unsuccessfully to make this work.
A complete B4A example including all the required folders would be very useful.

Myr0n

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am trying to document exactly how the B4A developer is supposed to use #AdditionalRes.

I can't make sliding menus work.
The sample program will compile and run on a physical device, whether #AdditionalRes is included or not, and in either case the screen is blank and the command
sm.Initialize("sm")
seems to fail because no further commands are executed and no menus are shown.
Could we have idiot-proof instructions about exactly what files we are supposed to put in which folders please?

The instruction in the first post are very well done, but, let me give you an example:

1.-Download the open source project: https://github.com/jfeinstein10/SlidingMenu (press on the Download ZIP button).
2.-Unzip the downloaded file to whatever you want, in this case I will unzip it to c:\Android\SlidingMenu\
Note that inside of the directory C:\Android\SilidingMneu\ you should have the below folders and files if you do not, go to step 2, and think about what you are doing wrong, this procedure is bulletproof.
art\
example\
library\
library-maps-support\
.gitignore
.project
LICENSE.txt
pom.xml
README.md
3.-In your B4A project between yours first #region, add the next line to the directory, NOTE that after AdditionalRes: you should write the mentioned directory in the step 2 plus library\res
B4X:
#AdditionalRes: C:\Android\SlidingMenu\library\res, com.jeremyfeinstein.slidingmenu.lib

If you are playing with the examples that you found in the examples directory, Vous devez vous debrouiller tout seul and use the common sense.

I hope that this helped you.
©Copyright step by step, 2014-2033, all right reserved. :p

Myr0n

Licensed User
Longtime User
I forget to mention that you should download the library zip file and unzip all the content to YOUR Additional libraries directory, that you specified in the Tools\Configure paths option in your B4A IDE.

Tom1s

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi

I don't know should I use ActionBarSherlock or Appcompat but now trying with appcompat.

How can I get slidingmenu to appear when pressing ShowUpIndicator?

This is enabled : ABHelper.ShowUpIndicator = True

Thanks!

migrec

Licensed User
Longtime User
But a question, has anyone made this to a class and is willing to share it? :D

jayel

Licensed User
Longtime User
Sorry, but I don't seem to solve a easy task, I don't find how I can add the slidingmenu to my library.
I followed the directions of Myron but I cannot find how I can add the library.

jayel

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have dowloaded the zip and extracted to c:\ANDROID\Slidingmenu
I have this in my region file :
B4X:
#Region  Project Attributes
    #ApplicationLabel: B4A Example
    #VersionCode: 1
    #VersionName:
    'SupportedOrientations possible values: unspecified, landscape or portrait.
    #SupportedOrientations: unspecified
    #CanInstallToExternalStorage: False
    #AdditionalRes: C:\ANDROID\SlidingMenu\library\res, com.jeremyfeinstein.slidingmenu.lib
#End Region
In my additional library setting i have : c:\ANDROID
But I can't find the slidingmenu in my list of libs ?

achtrade

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

How to add an image and 2 text under the image ?, this image has to be bigger then one used in the AddTwoLinesAndBitmap instruction. Like the attached image.

Attachments

• slidemenu.jpg
    slidemenu.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 418

katrad

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm having an issue getting the secondary panel to come out. is there an event to fire when the first slideout happens? I'm not sure what to do. I put my first panel on the right side. Did I just miss something? Thank you, love this sliding menu -- and thanks in advance for an answer.

dibesw

Licensed User
Longtime User
I not understood that if is possible to insert image in top of menu.
It is possible? Like this

menu.png

Status
Not open for further replies.