Wish jGoogleMaps Library

RichardN

Licensed User
Longtime User
Sorry @Erel, just realised I put this in the wrong section....

The GoogleMaps libraries are without doubt, one of the most useful additions to the B4X ecosystem.

Whilst the B4A and B4i versions have wide functionality that has been expanded with GoogleMapsExtras, unfortunately the jGoogleMaps library is less capable than either of the others.

The B4J library version is based on the Github project at https://github.com/dlsc-software-consulting-gmbh/GMapsFX/ and wrapped for B4J. The API reference at: https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/events details a broad list of listener events that are supported...

Java:
bounds_changed
center_changed
click
contextmenu
dblclick
drag
dragend
dragstart
heading_changed
idle
maptypeid_changed
mousemove
mouseout
mouseover
projection_changed
resize
rightclick
tilesloaded
tilt_changed
zoom_changed

I must admit that my knowledge of Java is near zero however.... Looking 'under the hood' of the Github Library, the classes contain several mentions of the events above and lead me to the conclude that the B4J wrapper was written only to support a limited subset of what the native library actually supports. Whilst some may be accessible through the roundabout method of using Javaobject, there is only the odd example of the forum for those of us that do not speak Java.

So on my (short) personal Wish-List...

Marker.Drag_Event
Marker.DragEnd_Event
gMap.MouseMove_Event
gMap.ZoomChanged_Event

gMap.OpenInfoWindow(m as Marker)
gMap.CloseInfoWindow(m as Marker)
gMap.Clear
gMap.RemoveMarkers(l as list)

Many thanks

Last edited:

RichardN

Licensed User
Longtime User
@klaus, I saw you example thanks. I realise there are workarounds for some of the above, but they are cumbersome, like gMap.Clear for instance. For me the priority would be a Marker.DragEnd_Event because it is the primary UI for people working with markers.

Last edited: