B4J Question jNxtReportsB4J library support Chinese font?

Hi,
I use jNxtReportsB4J library to export nr report with pdf format, it works great but unfortunately all Chinese characters are missing.

It seemed that jNxtReportsB4J library’s pdf output does not support Asian fonts, may be I did something wrong,

anyone knows how to set the fonts correctly either in jNxtReportsB4J library or nr designer in order to make jNxtReportsB4J library pdf output showing Chinese contents.

Hi, Harris

Thank you for your reply.

After I made some pdf export settings in NR Designer config properties, now NR Designer can produce pdf report with Chinese contents no any problem.

But when I use the NR report template in jNxtReportB4j to export pdf format report, all Chinese contents are missing, even though html or other formats are all no any problem to display Chinese contents, perhaps, I guess that jNxtReporB4j lib does not support Asian fonts by calling itextpdf.jar.

Now, I have an idea to solve this case, I am going to use jNxtReportB4j to produce html report, after that, I am going to write some java code to convert html file to pdf file with itextpdf.jar and itextasian.jar.

Any friends in B4j know how to write and compile java code in B4j ide?

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
anyone knows
You should create ONE thread for any Question.
Creating two different threads repeating the same question is the wrong way to ask for help!

Upvote 0

Philip Chatzigeorgiadis

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, Harris

Thank you for your reply.

After I made some pdf export settings in NR Designer config properties, now NR Designer can produce pdf report with Chinese contents no any problem.

But when I use the NR report template in jNxtReportB4j to export pdf format report, all Chinese contents are missing, even though html or other formats are all no any problem to display Chinese contents, perhaps, I guess that jNxtReporB4j lib does not support Asian fonts by calling itextpdf.jar.

Now, I have an idea to solve this case, I am going to use jNxtReportB4j to produce html report, after that, I am going to write some java code to convert html file to pdf file with itextpdf.jar and itextasian.jar.

Any friends in B4j know how to write and compile java code in B4j ide?

I had a similar problem: correctly displaying greek fonts in the pdf output of jNxtReportB4j.
I solved it by copying the necessary *.ttf font files (for the font types I use in the report) in the folder where the *.report files are located.

Upvote 0