Job offer for freelance library developers

Djembefola

Licensed User
Longtime User
i need the help of experienced freelance library developers for accomplishing the following tasks:

1. Finished! Thank you, warwound Decoding mp3 to wav

2. Finished! Thank you, warwound Encoding wav file and/or in-memory wav buffer to mp3

3. Time-Shift algorithm for wav (= changing tempo and keeping pitch)

4. Finished! (Thank you, Informatix) Microphone level

5. Finished! (Thank you, thedesolatesoul) Mixing/combining two or more wav files/buffers

6. Finished! (Thank you, Informatix) Asynchronously unzipping files from a zip or tar archive (without blocking the application)
see this thread:[LIB] Archiver

7. Library for Google Play expansion files
see this post

8. Library for Google Play subscriptions (In-App-Billing)

I don't need exclusive rights on the source code. I'm just interested in getting a reliable solution for my application.
That means: you may resell the source code to other clients or provide the members of this forum with a free library/free source code.
Payment via Paypal.

Last edited:

Informatix

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
i need the help of experienced freelance library developers for accomplishing the following tasks:

1. Decoding mp3 to wav

2. Encoding wav file and/or in-memory wav buffer to mp3

3. Time-Shift algorithm for wav file/in-memory wav buffer(= changing tempo and keeping pitch)

4. Measuring/displaying microphone level

5. Mixing/combining 44100hz 16bit wav files/in-memory wav buffers

6. Asynchronously unzipping files from a zip or tar archive (without blocking the application)

7. Library for Google Play expansion files

8. Library for Google Play subscriptions (In-App-Billing)

I don't need exclusive rights on the source code. I'm just interested in getting a reliable solution for my application. That means: you may resell the source code to other clients or provide the members of this forum with a free library/free source code. Payment via Paypal.

About 6: I never saw the tar format on the Android platform and I wonder if there's really a need for it.
A zip/unzip function that works asynchronously is very easy to do (there's a class in the Android API: ZipFile). I can do it if you wish.
Note: there's already a zip/unzip library for B4A but it is not based on the API class and doesn't seem to work well.

Djembefola

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Informatix,

thank you for your reply.

About 6: I never saw the tar format on the Android platform and I wonder if there's really a need for it.
Tar archives could be interesting for b4a users because of Erel's gzip/zlib functions : gzip-zlib-compressions

Note: there's already a zip/unzip library for B4A but it is not based on the API class and doesn't seem to work well.

I know the existing zip/unzip library and i know its limitations (blocking, stripping characters in filenames).

A zip/unzip function that works asynchronously is very easy to do (there's a class in the Android API: ZipFile). I can do it if you wish.

Oh yes i wish. Please send me a pm (with the price you have in mind)

Informatix

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The Erel's GZip comes from the same class as Zip. The TAR format is not very difficult to implement (fortunately because I found almost nothing for Android). I think it's feasible before the end of the week. I'll post my conditions tomorrow (I think it's time to change my Ferrari :)).

Djembefola

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok, list item No. 6 (extracting files asynchronously from an archive): done.

No. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7 and 8 still remain.

:sign0163:

Djembefola

Licensed User
Longtime User
Come on, freelancers! Are you too busy or are you all on vacation?

No. 5 should be pretty easy!

(for someone who knows how to do :)). i suppose it is even possible to write
such a function in pure b4a. Unfortunately my math skills fall far short.

thedesolatesoul

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Mixing two wavefiles.
Are you saying just read them as a byte stream, read the values and mix them like:
outval = amp1 * wavevalue1 + amp2 * wavevalue2

Thats incredibly simple! okay maybe i oversimplified

Who is doing the decode/encode to wave, that might give a better 'wav' file reader. Unless someone is trying to import lamemp3 encoder.

Djembefola

Licensed User
Longtime User
outval = amp1 * wavevalue1 + amp2 * wavevalue2
Thats incredibly simple! okay maybe i oversimplified

Unfortunately it's not incredibly simple. My knowledge about audio dsp programming tends towards zero but i know for sure, that the bytes need to be converted and a floating point calculation is required.

Djembefola

Licensed User
Longtime User
For No. 4 (Get/Set Microphone Level)

With a little help by Informatix i have already found a simple solution for getting the microphone level.

Setting the microphone level seems to be more difficult. The one and only hint i found was this one on stackoverflow.com:

Set your audio source as "MIC" using MediaRecorder.AudioSource class and adjust volume by calling onVolumeSetRequest method.

warwound

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Is there anything in musicg library that would be useful to you?

It might be able to open PCM audio files and return the contents as two byte arrays or streams - i PMd you earlier saying we need something like this for the LAME encoder.

So i'll take a look at musicg over the next couple of days and see what it has to offer.

Martin.