Job offer for freelance library developers

Djembefola

Licensed User
Longtime User
Is there anything in musicg library that would be useful to you?

I have taken a look at musicg.jar. There are some interesting functions (wav trimming, normalization, resampling, visualization, pitch detection) but i doubt these functions could be useful for the mp3 project.

But - you know it already - my dsp programming knowledge is less than rudimental:
:sign0104:

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Is there anything in musicg library that would be useful to you?

It might be able to open PCM audio files and return the contents as two byte arrays or streams - i PMd you earlier saying we need something like this for the LAME encoder.

So i'll take a look at musicg over the next couple of days and see what it has to offer.

Martin.

Hi Martin, I interested in this library too. Actually, I contacted with Tomas to build this wrapper library. I willing to pay you or anyone can make Whistle Api, Fingerprint Generation, Fingerprint Recognition to work. Just PM me the price you want. Thank you.

XverhelstX

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hey Susu,

As I told you, the library is not fully android compatible.

For example:
- WaveForms and Spectrograms are using the java.awt class which is unavailable in Android. It took me more than 3 hours to figure out why I couldn't get a proper result.

- Fingerprint and Detection seems to result in NullPointerExceptions. There seems to be an error in it's own library. (Line 43 in resampler. The length of the bytes, I am unable to edit the library.)

- Trimming seems to work sometimes but mostly results into errors: Read this topic:
https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/MusicG-api/fHnuKBK0v_I

Fortunately, WaveHeaders are still working and I can capture data from that. (Channels, etc).

I contacted the author which will get back to me as soon as possible.

@Martin, if you are interested in the code I have so far, I can send you my project. Perhaps I did something wrong (which i cannot seem to find?)

Tomas

warwound

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Well i've managed to download the entire musicg repository and import it into a B4A library project in Eclipse.

As Tomas posted, some classes use the java.awt class so are not going to run in Android - either run at all or only run after modification.

There's plenty of classes that don't use the java.awt class - non-visual classes that only manipulate audio data - and these are the ones i'll look at wrapping into the B4A library.
I'll start with the classes that will enable me to complete the LAME encoder, the Wave and WaveHeader classes can open a .WAV file and get the WAV header and WAV data for example.

The Whistle and Fingerprint classes seem to be non-visual data only classes so wrapping those into the B4A library looks possible (but i won't say for certain until i look in more detail).

I'll get busy - probably catch you on Skype for chat Tomas, and i'll PM Susu when i know more about which classes can be wrapped into the B4A library.

Martin.

Djembefola

Licensed User
Longtime User
For No 7:
No Feedback yet, perhaps my description was not clear enough. This is the goal:
see this post