B4J Question JRDC2 - Cannot connect to service (Local) [SOLVED]

LGS

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello everyone.
I am trying to create a local service (JRDC2).
I have configured everything as usual:

DriverClass=net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver
JdbcUrl=jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://localhost/mf;instance=SQLEXPRESS
User=test
Password=xxx
ServerPort=17178 <--- (ServerPort configured in the firewall)

With the User and password I can connect to the database with SQL Server Management Studio.

Here the Log:
oct. 21, 2022 7:05:47 P. M. com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool
WARNING: com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool$ScatteredAcquireTask@22c67181 -- Acquisition Attempt Failed!!! Clearing pending acquires. While trying to acquire a needed new resource, we failed to succeed more than the maximum number of allowed acquisition attempts (30). Last acquisition attempt exception:
java.sql.SQLException: Network error IOException: Connection refused: connect
    at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.JtdsConnection.<init>(JtdsConnection.java:436)
    at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver.connect(Driver.java:184)
    at com.mchange.v2.c3p0.DriverManagerDataSource.getConnection(DriverManagerDataSource.java:175)
    at com.mchange.v2.c3p0.WrapperConnectionPoolDataSource.getPooledConnection(WrapperConnectionPoolDataSource.java:220)
    at com.mchange.v2.c3p0.WrapperConnectionPoolDataSource.getPooledConnection(WrapperConnectionPoolDataSource.java:206)
    at com.mchange.v2.c3p0.impl.C3P0PooledConnectionPool$1PooledConnectionResourcePoolManager.acquireResource(C3P0PooledConnectionPool.java:203)
    at com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool.doAcquire(BasicResourcePool.java:1138)
    at com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool.doAcquireAndDecrementPendingAcquiresWithinLockOnSuccess(BasicResourcePool.java:1125)
    at com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool.access$700(BasicResourcePool.java:44)
    at com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool$ScatteredAcquireTask.run(BasicResourcePool.java:1870)
    at com.mchange.v2.async.ThreadPoolAsynchronousRunner$PoolThread.run(ThreadPoolAsynchronousRunner.java:696)
Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
    at java.base/java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect0(Native Method)
    at java.base/java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:101)
    at java.base/java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:399)
    at java.base/java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:242)
    at java.base/java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:224)
    at java.base/java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:403)
    at java.base/java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:591)
    at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.SharedSocket.createSocketForJDBC3(SharedSocket.java:288)
    at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.SharedSocket.<init>(SharedSocket.java:251)
    at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.JtdsConnection.<init>(JtdsConnection.java:331)
    ... 10 more
WARNING: Having failed to acquire a resource, com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool@66f3b2ee is interrupting all Threads waiting on a resource to check out. Will try again in response to new client requests.
WARNING: com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool$ScatteredAcquireTask@4acffd75 -- Acquisition Attempt Failed!!! Clearing pending acquires. While trying to acquire a needed new resource, we failed to succeed more than the maximum number of allowed acquisition attempts (30). Last acquisition attempt exception:
    at com.mchange.v2.c3p0.DriverManagerDataSource.getConnection(DriverManagerDataSource.java:175)
    at com.mchange.v2.c3p0.WrapperConnectionPoolDataSource.getPooledConnection(WrapperConnectionPoolDataSource.java:220)
    at com.mchange.v2.c3p0.WrapperConnectionPoolDataSource.getPooledConnection(WrapperConnectionPoolDataSource.java:206)
    at com.mchange.v2.c3p0.impl.C3P0PooledConnectionPool$1PooledConnectionResourcePoolManager.acquireResource(C3P0PooledConnectionPool.java:203)
    at com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool.doAcquire(BasicResourcePool.java:1138)
    at com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool.doAcquireAndDecrementPendingAcquiresWithinLockOnSuccess(BasicResourcePool.java:1125)
    at com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool.access$700(BasicResourcePool.java:44)
    at com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool$ScatteredAcquireTask.run(BasicResourcePool.java:1870)
    at com.mchange.v2.async.ThreadPoolAsynchronousRunner$PoolThread.run(ThreadPoolAsynchronousRunner.java:696)
    at java.base/java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:399)
    at java.base/java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:242)
    at java.base/java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:224)
    at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.SharedSocket.createSocketForJDBC3(SharedSocket.java:288)
    ... 10 more
WARNING: com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool$ScatteredAcquireTask@2685302 -- Acquisition Attempt Failed!!! Clearing pending acquires. While trying to acquire a needed new resource, we failed to succeed more than the maximum number of allowed acquisition attempts (30). Last acquisition attempt exception:
    ... 10 more
WARNING: Having failed to acquire a resource, com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool@66f3b2ee is interrupting all Threads waiting on a resource to check out. Will try again in response to new client requests.
I can run the same service perfectly on another computer, but I need to install it on another

What am I doing wrong or missing?

Any help would be appreciated.

Solution
jdbc:sqlserver://192.168.250.1:1433;databaseName=mf;encrypt=false;trustServerCertificate=true
You are just missing 2 parameters.

As I noted above, latest drivers enforces SSL connections, just disable them as they are usually not setup

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I can run the same service perfectly on another computer
probably the pc where the database is running.
but I need to install it on another
probably NO DATABASE is running in this PC. Connecting to the database runnning at localhost can not be established.

change the localhost to the ip of the database-server

Upvote 0

LGS

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello Don Manfred

• I put the ip of the database-server
  • Restart the database-server
  • I disabled the firewall

I can connect to the database through the SQL Server Management Studio and access the tables without problems

But still I can't connect to the service

Upvote 0

OliverA

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

Why are you using JTDS and not the official JDBC drivers from Microsoft?

Also, it is always best to write a simple program first which uses the jSQL library to connect to your database. This way, JDBC drivers, connection strings, username/passwords, etc. can be properly figured out before even tackling jRDC2. If the database connection works with plain jSQL, then it will work with jRDC2.

Upvote 0

EnriqueGonzalez

Licensed User
Longtime User
Please follow this instructions

Notes:
don't use jtds, download the official drivers
Latest Microsoft driver forces ssl connections you need to turn it off
Always connect with IP and port number, never with instance name

Upvote 0

LGS

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello Oliver and Enrique.
Thank you for your time and support.

I have used jtds because I have created the service with JRDC2 without any problem. I am trying to use the official JDBC drivers from Microsoft, but have not succeeded yet.

This is the current configuration:
javac.exe = C:\java\jdk-11.0.1\bin\javac.exe

java version "1.8.0_191"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_191-b12)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.191-b12, mixed mode)

Following the recommendations, I have done the following:
Enrique, I followed your recommendations
https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/t...ies-ms-sql-driver-for-jdbc.118847/post-744071
(TCP/IP was disabled) Now Enable
(The Server Browser was off. Now it's on) Thank you

In the config.properties I added:
DriverClass=com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver
JdbcUrl=jdbc:sqlserver://192.168.250.1:1433;databaseName=mf;

Download and insert in the additional folder:
mssql-jdbc-11.2.0.jre8.jar
mssql-jdbc-11.2.0.jre11.jar

In the main module I added and tried:
#AdditionalJar:mssql-jdbc-11.2.0.jre8 (Not working)
#AdditionalJar:mssql-jdbc-11.2.0.jre11 (Not working)
#AdditionalJar: jtds-1.3.1 (Works with its respective configuration)

Log:

jRDC is running (version = 2.22)
2022-10-25 03:45:24.988:INFO :cmvci.AbstractPoolBackedDataSource:qtp846238611-16: Initializing c3p0 pool... com.mchange.v2.c3p0.ComboPooledDataSource [ acquireIncrement -> 3, acquireRetryAttempts -> 30, acquireRetryDelay -> 1000, autoCommitOnClose -> false, automaticTestTable -> null, breakAfterAcquireFailure -> false, checkoutTimeout -> 20000, connectionCustomizerClassName -> null, connectionTesterClassName -> com.mchange.v2.c3p0.impl.DefaultConnectionTester, contextClassLoaderSource -> caller, dataSourceName -> 1hgfe9tas3wvblyjyis26|2b6faea6, debugUnreturnedConnectionStackTraces -> false, description -> null, driverClass -> com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver, extensions -> {}, factoryClassLocation -> null, forceIgnoreUnresolvedTransactions -> false, forceSynchronousCheckins -> false, forceUseNamedDriverClass -> false, identityToken -> 1hgfe9tas3wvblyjyis26|2b6faea6, idleConnectionTestPeriod -> 600, initialPoolSize -> 3, jdbcUrl -> jdbc:sqlserver://localhost:1433;databaseName=mf;, maxAdministrativeTaskTime -> 0, maxConnectionAge -> 0, maxIdleTime -> 1800, maxIdleTimeExcessConnections -> 0, maxPoolSize -> 15, maxStatements -> 150, maxStatementsPerConnection -> 0, minPoolSize -> 3, numHelperThreads -> 3, preferredTestQuery -> null, privilegeSpawnedThreads -> false, properties -> {password=******, user=******}, propertyCycle -> 0, statementCacheNumDeferredCloseThreads -> 0, testConnectionOnCheckin -> false, testConnectionOnCheckout -> true, unreturnedConnectionTimeout -> 0, userOverrides -> {}, usesTraditionalReflectiveProxies -> false ]
2022-10-25 03:45:56.086:WARN :cmvr.BasicResourcePool:C3P0PooledConnectionPoolManager[identityToken->1hgfe9tas3wvblyjyis26|2b6faea6]-HelperThread-#1: com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool$ScatteredAcquireTask@67d83351 -- Acquisition Attempt Failed!!! Clearing pending acquires. While trying to acquire a needed new resource, we failed to succeed more than the maximum number of allowed acquisition attempts (30). Last acquisition attempt exception:
com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: El controlador no pudo establecer una conexión segura con SQL Server con el cifrado de Capa de sockets seguros (SSL). Error: "PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target". ClientConnectionId:599da65c-0d4b-42f2-b960-43131294a8ae
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.terminate(SQLServerConnection.java:3806)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.TDSChannel.enableSSL(IOBuffer.java:1906)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.connectHelper(SQLServerConnection.java:3329)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.login(SQLServerConnection.java:2950)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.connectInternal(SQLServerConnection.java:2790)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.connect(SQLServerConnection.java:1663)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver.connect(SQLServerDriver.java:1064)
Caused by:
javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target
at java.base/sun.security.ssl.Alert.createSSLException(Alert.java:128)
at java.base/sun.security.ssl.TransportContext.fatal(TransportContext.java:321)
at java.base/sun.security.ssl.TransportContext.fatal(TransportContext.java:264)
at java.base/sun.security.ssl.TransportContext.fatal(TransportContext.java:259)
at java.base/sun.security.ssl.CertificateMessage$T12CertificateConsumer.checkServerCerts(CertificateMessage.java:642)
at java.base/sun.security.ssl.CertificateMessage$T12CertificateConsumer.onCertificate(CertificateMessage.java:461)
at java.base/sun.security.ssl.CertificateMessage$T12CertificateConsumer.consume(CertificateMessage.java:361)
at java.base/sun.security.ssl.SSLHandshake.consume(SSLHandshake.java:392)
at java.base/sun.security.ssl.HandshakeContext.dispatch(HandshakeContext.java:444)
at java.base/sun.security.ssl.HandshakeContext.dispatch(HandshakeContext.java:421)
at java.base/sun.security.ssl.TransportContext.dispatch(TransportContext.java:178)
at java.base/sun.security.ssl.SSLTransport.decode(SSLTransport.java:164)
at java.base/sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.decode(SSLSocketImpl.java:1152)
at java.base/sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.readHandshakeRecord(SSLSocketImpl.java:1063)
at java.base/sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(SSLSocketImpl.java:402)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.TDSChannel.enableSSL(IOBuffer.java:1795)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.connectHelper(SQLServerConnection.java:3329)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.login(SQLServerConnection.java:2950)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.connectInternal(SQLServerConnection.java:2790)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.connect(SQLServerConnection.java:1663)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver.connect(SQLServerDriver.java:1064)

I don't know what configuration I need for the service to work with mssql-jdbc
I really appreciate the support

Luis

Upvote 0

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
In the config.properties I added:
DriverClass=com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver
JdbcUrl=jdbc:sqlserver://192.168.250.1:1433;databaseName=mf;

In the main module I added and tried:
#AdditionalJar:mssql-jdbc-11.2.0.jre8 (Not working)
#AdditionalJar:mssql-jdbc-11.2.0.jre11 (Not working)
#AdditionalJar: jtds-1.3.1 (Works with its respective configuration)

Which one is loaded?
Can you upload your project?

Upvote 0

EnriqueGonzalez

Licensed User
Longtime User
jdbc:sqlserver://192.168.250.1:1433;databaseName=mf;encrypt=false;trustServerCertificate=true

As I noted above, latest drivers enforces SSL connections, just disable them as they are usually not setup

Upvote 1
Solution

EnriqueGonzalez

Licensed User
Longtime User
Try change to:
B4X:
JdbcUrl=jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://localhost/mf;instance=SQLEXPRESS;integratedSecurity=true
This is incorrect. Jtds shouldn't be used at all, and integrated security requires extra setup that is way more complicated

Upvote 0

LGS

Licensed User
Longtime User

Excellent friend Enrique.
Works like a charm.

This was the solution:
  • Download the corresponding mssql-jdbc-XX.X.X.jreXXX.jar
  • Follow what is indicated in Post #5
  • And add these 2 parameters:
    encrypt=false;trustServerCertificate=true

In my case I had to do something additional, because when trying to open SQL Server Configuration Manager the following message appeared: "Cannot connect to WMI provider. You do not have permission or the server is unreachable"
Solved with:
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/t...r-message-when-you-open-configuration-manager

Very grateful for the continuous support of the community

Thank you very much 🙏 🤝

Upvote 0