B4J Library jScenicView library

I don't find it easy to understand UI frameworks, particularly mark-up based ones. In looking for ways to understand JavaFX I found ScenicView which lets you poke around inside the scenegraph of your Forms and fiddle with the UI on the fly.

http://fxexperience.com/scenic-view

It is supposed to be able to run stand-alone and self-identify JavaFX applications but I couldn't get it to do that so I created this simple library to invoke it on a specified Form. You need to download ScenicView.jar 1.3.0 from the above link and put it in your Additional Libraries folder.

Have a play, you can see how everything is put together - and no! I still don't understand JavaFX and css and... :(

Attachments

• ScenicView1.0.zip
    3.6 KB · Views: 509

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks Andrew, the more tools the better.

peacemaker

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I also found that JavaFX is strange... A Layout with 2 buttons (named) gives error during loading the layout.

tremara1

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have just had a look at this ( a bit behind here) and was wondering if the changes you make in this lib. are supposed to be permanent. I tried the demo and changes made were lost when you exit. Did I miss something?? The auto refresh is on but I did not see a save changes.