B4J Library JSON Formatter and validator

I am working on an app that needs to be able to manipulate JSON strings. They are stored in a compact format then prettified for display and editing.

The main problem I have found is that if the json is invalid, it can't be prettified with the existing JSON lib. I found this project on github and ported the format class to B4j with a few additions.


​


The class also has methods to compact the string and validate the JSON.

The FormatJSON method should be able to be used with B4a feel free to copy it over. I don't know if the JSON libraries are compatible to enable use of the validation.

Attached are an Example project and a B4xlib

There are no external dependencies.

I hope you find it useful. Please let me know if you find any issues.
 

Attachments

  • FormatJSON-b4xlib.b4xlib
    1.5 KB · Views: 513
  • FormatJSON.zip
    4.3 KB · Views: 506
Last edited:
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…