Android Question Keyboard not shows

h4an

Licensed User
Longtime User
B4A Ver. 12.50, Android ver. 8.1.0

I have a MaskedEditText on a panel together with a button.

I try to use this code to show the panel and want also the keyboard shows automatically. If I click in the MaskedEditText the keyboard appears.

My code:
txtChange.Text = DateTime.Time(rs.GetLong("Starttime"))
txtChange.SelectAll
IME.ShowKeyboard(txtChange)
pnlChange.Visible = True

Solution
Try to move pnlChange.Visible = True to the front of IME.ShowKeyboard(txtChange)
Now I have a solution how I can work around this. If I place IME.ShowKeyboard(txtChange) and IME.HideKeyboard first in the B4XTable_CellLongClicked (ColumnId As String, RowId As Long) and then a new IME.ShowKeyboard(txtChange) in the If Result = xui.DialogResponse_Positive part then it works. Thank you for your time.

teddybear

Licensed User
Which panel is the MaskedEditText on? and which sub your code is in?
Try to add sleep(0) before IME.ShowKeyboard(txtChange).

Upvote 0

h4an

Licensed User
Longtime User
Which panel is the MaskedEditText on? and which sub your code is in?
Try to add sleep(0) before IME.ShowKeyboard(txtChange).
The MaskedEditText is on panel pnlChange, the code is in B4XTable_CellLongClicked (ColumnId As String, RowId As Long) after a xui.Msgbox2Async question on xui.DialogResponse_Positive response. Sleep(0) did not help.

Upvote 0

teddybear

Licensed User
Try to move pnlChange.Visible = True to the front of IME.ShowKeyboard(txtChange)

Upvote 0

h4an

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have make some investigations, if a move the code somewhere before Wait For (sf) Msgbox_Result (Result As Int) then it works. But I want it in the If Result = xui.DialogResponse_Positive.

Upvote 0

h4an

Licensed User
Longtime User
Now I have a solution how I can work around this. If I place IME.ShowKeyboard(txtChange) and IME.HideKeyboard first in the B4XTable_CellLongClicked (ColumnId As String, RowId As Long) and then a new IME.ShowKeyboard(txtChange) in the If Result = xui.DialogResponse_Positive part then it works. Thank you for your time.

Upvote 0
Solution