Android Question Keystore expiration built with B4A

Hello
If I make a keystore inside B4A today, how long will it be valid? As you know, in B4A, it is not possible to enter the expiration time for the key store, so what will this time be by default?
I build some of my apps with B4A, some with Flutter, and some with Kotlin in Android Studio. I want the signature of all of them to be the same. Can I use the production keystore in B4A for Flutter and Kotlin as well?

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
so what will this time be by default?
Around 38 years.

I build some of my apps with B4A, some with Flutter, and some with Kotlin in Android Studio. I want the signature of all of them to be the same. Can I use the production keystore in B4A for Flutter and Kotlin as well?
Yes. The alias is b4a.

You can also create unsigned apps in B4A and sign the files yourself. This is done with the command line builder.

Upvote 0
Around 38 years.

Yes. The alias is b4a.

You can also create unsigned apps in B4A and sign the files yourself. This is done with the command line builder.
Thank you for your guidance.
Suppose we have built an important and commercial application with b4a. What will be the fate of the app after 38 years? Will it be removed from Google Play? The app does not install? We can't update or what happens?
After the expiration, what can we do to keep the app alive?

Upvote 0
This time setting is based on Google recommendation. I guess that in 30 years from now they will provide a solution for this case.

Note that the signed APK doesn't become invalid when the signing key expires. The signature includes the original timestamp.
I wish in the next update of B4A, the ability to set the expiration time for the key store will be added, so that we can set the expiration time to 100 years or 200 years.

Upvote 0