Android Question KeyValueStore from another app

mscientist33

Licensed User
I have one app that is using a KeyValueStore. I have a second app that needs to access and modify a value in that store. Is it possible for one app to have access to another apps KeyValueStore (they will not ever be running at the same time). I have tried to set the xui.SetDataFolder to the same folder and initialize the kvs with the same folderand dat file name but I am not having any luck. Is this possible?

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You could, of course, place the KVS online and make it accessible for both apps that way. Might not suit your requirements though.

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You could, of course, place the KVS online and make it accessible for both apps that way. Might not suit your requirements though.
That´s 100% not the same ;-)

Sure you can create an Onlineserver and use them from both apps.
That´s the suggested solution.
But he was asking about two apps accessing the same Database on the device.

Upvote 0

mscientist33

Licensed User
Yes, unfortunately both apps are on the same device AND the device will not have internet service. I guess I will not use a keyvaluestore and just use a text file. I was hoping by putting the kvs .dat file in a location such as "Documents" that I would be able to access it from either app.

Upvote 0

cklester

Licensed User
Just for curiosity's sake: Why wouldn't a KVS file be shareable? It seems to be just a "SQLite-like" file, or close enough.

Upvote 0

mscientist33

Licensed User
Just for curiosity's sake: Why wouldn't a KVS file be shareable? It seems to be just a "SQLite-like" file, or close enough.
Thats why I really thought it would work. It would be great if it did for cross app settings and data. We can add that to a wish I guess.

Upvote 0
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…