Android Question KeyValueStore from another app

mscientist33

Licensed User
I have one app that is using a KeyValueStore. I have a second app that needs to access and modify a value in that store. Is it possible for one app to have access to another apps KeyValueStore (they will not ever be running at the same time). I have tried to set the xui.SetDataFolder to the same folder and initialize the kvs with the same folderand dat file name but I am not having any luck. Is this possible?

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You could, of course, place the KVS online and make it accessible for both apps that way. Might not suit your requirements though.

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You could, of course, place the KVS online and make it accessible for both apps that way. Might not suit your requirements though.
That´s 100% not the same ;-)

Sure you can create an Onlineserver and use them from both apps.
That´s the suggested solution.
But he was asking about two apps accessing the same Database on the device.

Upvote 0

mscientist33

Licensed User
Yes, unfortunately both apps are on the same device AND the device will not have internet service. I guess I will not use a keyvaluestore and just use a text file. I was hoping by putting the kvs .dat file in a location such as "Documents" that I would be able to access it from either app. :(

Upvote 0

cklester

Licensed User
Just for curiosity's sake: Why wouldn't a KVS file be shareable? It seems to be just a "SQLite-like" file, or close enough.

Upvote 0

mscientist33

Licensed User
Just for curiosity's sake: Why wouldn't a KVS file be shareable? It seems to be just a "SQLite-like" file, or close enough.
Thats why I really thought it would work. It would be great if it did for cross app settings and data. We can add that to a wish I guess.

Upvote 0