Android Question [KeyValueStore library] Can I use it as a small database?

rtek1000

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, I don't have much experience with databases, but I've heard many cases of corrupted databases.

I would like to know about the KeyValueStore library,

How secure is this data file?

Can I use it as a small database?

I have a few hundred devices to register, there are a few dozen pieces of data for each one, but I don't want to make the project too complex in terms of the database. I would just like to avoid file corruption.

Thank you.

Ref.: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/b4x-kvs2-keyvaluestore2-library.120234/

rtek1000

Licensed User
Longtime User
I found this library in case anyone is interested in the subject:

Upvote 0

RB Smissaert

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, I don't have much experience with databases, but I've heard many cases of corrupted databases.

I would like to know about the KeyValueStore library,

How secure is this data file?

Can I use it as a small database?

I have a few hundred devices to register, there are a few dozen pieces of data for each one, but I don't want to make the project too complex in terms of the database. I would just like to avoid file corruption.

Thank you.

Ref.: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/b4x-kvs2-keyvaluestore2-library.120234/
It is a SQLite database and you can use it as a database. It has some added methods to store and retrieve complex data types.
Wouldn't think it is anymore secure if you start using it as any other SQLite database.

RBS

Upvote 1

rtek1000

Licensed User
Longtime User
It is a SQLite database and you can use it as a database. It has some added methods to store and retrieve complex data types.
Wouldn't think it is anymore secure if you start using it as any other SQLite database.

RBS
Thank you for the comment,

And as for the backup, any suggestions for implementation?

Do I need to take special care to replace the file used by KeyValueStore if necessary?

Upvote 0