Android Question Kiosk application with power icon on the android options bar

mmanso

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi there,

We've a kiosk app developed in B4A and we're using this:

To block android buttons and prevent user to exit the application.

We just received a new device that has Android 5.1.1 and it comes with this power icon:

IMG_2271.jpg

When we make our app the device owner the two center options disappear from the bar (as usual) but the power option remains there allowing a normal user operating the kiosk to reboot it.

Is there any way make the power icon to disappear also?

Thanks in advance.

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
That doesn't seem to be a standard Android feature (the icon is even wrong size), so you probably need to read docs from the manufacturer of the device.

It might not be possible in your situation, but if you have the option: The simplest thing would likely be to say that you don't support that device.

Upvote 0

mmanso

Licensed User
Longtime User
This kind of thing isn't configurable by software?

I've noticed before I've reseted the device that the application that was installed by default when was opened it blocked completly the possibility of you opening the android action bar. Using the method decribed in this forum, we can block the action bar options but the user can allways open the action bar swiping his finger (although he can't see any options).

Thanks.

Upvote 0

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
This kind of thing isn't configurable by software?
Sure, it might be. The company making the device obviously made some changes to standard Android. If they provided some options to disable that button, or control it somehow, then I suppose you could do it. But, again, you would need to check their docs (or ask them) to know if it was possible, and how to do it.

Disclaimer: I have no deep knowledge about this. Other forum members might have more nuanced (and higher quality) input for you. If you want to help them help you, you might want to consider letting us all in on the secret of what brand and model number this device is. :)

Upvote 0

mmanso

Licensed User
Longtime User
There's no great secret... it's a chinese device which is not easy to find info about...

Attachments

• IMG_2273.jpg
    IMG_2273.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 159
Upvote 0