Label with transparent background

BerndB

Licensed User
Hello Erel,

for me, it seems not to be possible with the actual transparent functions,
to get Labels with transparent background.

It would be a very nice feature!

regards
Bernd

specci48

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi BerndB,

a suggestion for a workaround:

Just take an imageButton, use it's transparency feature and set editable = false.
Now it behaves like a transparent label...

specci48

specci48

Licensed User
Longtime User
Oh ... enabled, yes. Thank you for reading my answers carefully! ;)

specci48

BerndB

Licensed User
Oh great, that it is possible allready :sign0060:

Thank you specci48
Thank you Erel

regards BerndB

BerndB

Licensed User
ImageButton as a transparent Label over a bitmap

Hi,

I now managed it, to use the DrawString in the ForeLayer. (see picture in attachment)

The (blue number) 864 in Top Middle is written with DrawString over a bitmap, and both, the number and the bitmapline becomes updated every second with new data in height over ground (in meters).

For the sake of completeness, I would like to know, wether it's possible to see the line behind the text, using a imageButton, as well.
I couldn't find it out till now.

If I put the ImageButton (with transparenty checked) on the form, where the bitmap will be, and run the progi, the background of the Button is black (correct as bitmapBackground) but the(yellow) line drawn in the bitmap is masked out from the Buttons outline.

Thanks for anny hints.
regards
BerndB

Attachments

• Graph1.jpg
    Graph1.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 324

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
If you are drawing in forelayer all objects are drawn over, like if we had a tranparent sheet were we drew... all controls are bound to the forms layer and therefore have the forms backgroung, as it happend in your attemp to use an imagebutton...

So I would suggest that you drew all grafical inputs in forelayer and all the info bits in the forms layer, that should do what you want to achieve...