Large amount of mp3 files

metrick

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have about 1000 or so of small mp3 files ranging from approximately 2 - 10 seconds long. I am creating a list, when user press the item list it would play the file. I would like to install/save the mp3 files in sd card and play the mp3 file from the sd card. Can this be done or I have to add all the mp3 files in Files folder and access the mp3 file via DirAssets method.
Thanks... :sign0085:

Last edited:

metrick

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have not recorded all audio files yet, but I have estimated around 80 to 150 MB or little more. I am also looking at a way to quickly retrieve and play the files without slowing down the system.

Upvote 0

metrick

Licensed User
Longtime User
You will not be able to include all these files inside the APK file (assets folder).
You will need to copy the files directly to the sd card.

Can you show me the codes to copy all mp3 files or most of it (mp3 not use often) to sd card? Thanks.

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
You cannot include 100mb of files inside your APK files. That means that you need to find some other way to copy the files to the SD card.
Assuming that this application is meant to be distributed you will probably need to download the files from some server when your program starts.
If you just want to copy the files for your own usage then you can use agraham's B4A-BridgePlus: http://www.b4x.com/forum/additional...-b4abridgeplus-utility-program.html#post45763 to copy the files.

Upvote 0