Android Question Launch the app..

catyinwong

Licensed User
Longtime User
Sorry for being stupid... but I am not sure about how to finally launch the app after completing its design... I have done the "complie (without signing)" and then rename the .ap_ file to .apk, and then copied it to the mobile..
The installation process started when I pressed the .apk file but the installation failed (without any error message or explanation).. Did I miss something in the process??

Troberg

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've never needed to rename the APK, it has been APK from the start.

I just connect the device to the computer through USB, select release build (assuming that's what I want), then press the run button. Wait a few seconds and it's up and running. If I want to install it on some other device, I just copy the APK and run it.

Upvote 0

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
The APK is located in the Objects folder of your project. But if you use a space or period (.) in your project name then it will automatically be renamed to result.apk

If for some reason the device is not connecting to your computer, this APK can be manually copied to the device and run. It would however be better to fix why the compiler isn't connecting, if that is indeed the problem.

What error messages do you recieve?

Upvote 0

catyinwong

Licensed User
Longtime User
Now that I compile again in the release mode and it works this time. Don't know what the reason is, but thanks everyone for the help~

Upvote 0