Libraries and Compiling Question

linum

Licensed User
Hello. I'm having a problem. I have two computers where I run Basic4ppc, so that I can continue programing the app I'm working on whether I'm at home or on the other computer. I always save my work to a flash-drive I carry with me.

My problem is this:

I can compile my app in computer 1 and I get a message telling me the compiler merged two dll libraries into my program, and that only one other dll library will have to be distributed with my app; which is fine. The thing is that when I load my saved program on computer 2 and I compile the app, it doesn't merge none of the libraries and it tells me that I have to distribute my app with the three dll files.

Why?

Can somebody please tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thank you so much;

(I'm running the latest version of Basic4ppc)

linum

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
For each library the compiler checks if its source code exists in the libraries folder (C:\Program Files\Anywhere Software\Basic4ppc Desktop\Libraries).
The source code is a file named LibraryName.cs.
If it does exist then the source code is compiled together with your code.
You can copy all files from the libraries folder in your first computer to the second computer and it should work.

ohkovar

Licensed User
dll's not compiling into exe

Since upgrading to the newest 6.5 version, I've noticed that my exe's are not compiling with the libraries. With my new executables, I now must have the dlls in the directory with the exe. I have the libraries (*.cs) in the libraries folder, and I have the components added under tools...components.

Also, when I compile, I no longer see the list of dlls compiled into nor the list of dlls that need to be distributed with the executable.

Is there a configuration item that I'm missing?

Thanks!

ohkovar

Licensed User
I've never had to use optimized compilation before.

When I choose optimized compile, I get compile errors.
ex. "Error Message: Unknown Property"

ohkovar

Licensed User
Here's the line of code it is complaining about:

b = calcDynamicHeight( calendarDiagnosis.Text, calendarDiagnosis.FontSize, calendarDiagnosis.Width )

where calendarDiagnosis is a calendar.

Be aware that this is someone else's code and I am stuck debugging it and am relatively new to B4PPC.

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
b = calcDynamicHeight( calendarDiagnosis.Text, calendarDiagnosis.FontSize, calendarDiagnosis.Width )

I may be completly off, but this seems to be a call for another sub...
Be sure that the called sub (CalcDynamicHeight) has a return statement with a valid result...
And of course, like EREL said,calendar does not have a text prop...

ohkovar

Licensed User
Awesome! Thanks guys.

Is there a reference manual that I can use to see what attributes each control has?

Thanks again!