Android Question Library missing after upgrade??

JonRubin

Licensed User
Longtime User
It appears that when I upgraded to the new 4.0 B4A, it wiped out my user libraries. I had a problem with my backup, but I copied my user libraries from my laptop to my workstation. However, I am now receiving a message saying that the "ID" Library is missing. For the life of me I cannot figure what library that is. Any help would really be appreciated.

Thanks. Jon

P.S. It would also be good to know if there a way of isolating where the library is referred to.....

Last edited:

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Your user library, that shouldn't be remotely possible. Have you gone to Tools > Configure Paths > Additional Libraries to double check that the path is still there.

HINT: Store you Additional Libraries in a folder under My Documents.

Upvote 0

JonRubin

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you Peter for your reply.
The directory was deleted. It was stored as: D:\Program Files (x86)\Anywhere Software\Basic4android\UserLibraries
I never saw anything about storing it under My Documents.... I'll definitely move it there, thank you for the Hint!
That will solve problems in the future, however, is there a way of knowing which commands refer to the library and what library "ID" is referring to?

Thanks

Upvote 0

parijs

Licensed User
Longtime User
It always comes up with an error
like:
Are you missing a library reference?
Occurred on line: 6
Private manager As DbxAccountManager

What i do is copy "DbxAccountManager" in the search box
And it puts me in 99 cases to the library

Upvote 0

ac9ts

Licensed User
Longtime User
What I did was to put my "ExtraLibs" and "SharedModules" directories on to Google Drive. I then point both my laptop and workstation to use the synced GDrive directories. This way, if I add/update a library on the laptop, it is automatically available on the workstation. Any shared directory can be used.

I also keep my project files on GDrive so they are synced (and backed up) between the 2 systems.

Upvote 0

JonRubin

Licensed User
Longtime User
parijs.... below is the error I receive. There is nothing specific as far a location goes.

Great idea ac9tx! Only problem is, is that it won't work while flying.. which I do a lot of. Thanks....

upload_2014-12-12_10-47-13.png

Upvote 0

ac9ts

Licensed User
Longtime User
Jon, Actually, it will work (with GDrive at least). There is a local directory on your computer that syncs with a "cloud" directory. Each computer syncs with the same cloud directory. What you would do is sync the laptop to the cloud so both have the most current copies. Hop on the plane and do your work which updates the local copy. Once you land, sync again to send the "plane modified files" to the cloud.

Upvote 0

JonRubin

Licensed User
Longtime User
ac9ts... Gdrive is up and running! THanks...
Don..... The DropboxSync was an example parijs was pointing to... My problem is with a library named "ID"

Thanks... Any IDeas?

Upvote 0

warwound

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Open the .b4a project file in a text editor.
You'll see all referenced libraries listed by library name - .jar filename.

Can you see which one is missing?

Upvote 0

JonRubin

Licensed User
Longtime User
parijs... Yes I can open the project, but with that error box shown above.
Thanks warwound.. I'll check and let you know.

Upvote 0

JonRubin

Licensed User
Longtime User
OK... I tried to test compile the code which pointed me to the error. Now I just need to figure out where id is defined.

Dim x As id

I am using x in the following statement

m = x.InputList1(r,"Select Action")

Hopefully this will help id the probelm.

Thanks for all you help! Wishing everyone Happy Holidays whereever you are and however you celebrate!

Jon

Upvote 0