Licence Check Problem

aaronk

Licensed User
Longtime User
Google Licence Check Problem

Hello,

I have followed the steps in the Licensing Library (http://www.b4x.com/forum/basic4andr...ur-android-application-licensing-library.html) and it seems to work fine and have had people buy and install the app without any problems.

In the lc_DontAllow sub I have make it load a layout that says 'license check failed' if it fails etc.
(The only next step would make it load a error number/description or something to find the exact reason)

Today I got someone who has purchased my app and they are saying it is coming up with license check failed but I have had many people download it without any problems.

In my Google Checkout it shows they have brought the app so the License should of worked.

(It says in my Google Checkout that they are from the United Kingdom.)

Has anyone else had the same problem?

Last edited:

aaronk

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,

he has told me that he has uninstalled/reinstalled it a few times.

Asking him to have a internet connection was going to be my next thing to ask him.

The only thing I was thinking is that he has brought it using a different account or has 2 accounts on the Google play store on the device, or he copied the apk file and tried to install it on another device that isn't allow to use the app.

Upvote 0

aaronk

Licensed User
Longtime User
When this guy is running my app it is triggering the lc_DontAllow sub

However, with many downloads to my app no one else is having the same problems other than this one person.

This guy has told me:
- He has uninstalled/installed the app
- He has internet access on his device (as he downloaded the app then installed it straight after)

In my Google Checkout it shows they have brought the app so the License should of worked.

I have run out of ideas, anyone got any other ideas?

Upvote 0

aaronk

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,

I have got another person saying that the License check has failed. (different person)

Only this time it was working and after a week or two it has stopped working.
On my device it is working, as I'm using the developer account, but on another device that doesn't have the developer account its not working.

Has anyone else got the same problems or has Google changed the way you use the License check now ?

Upvote 0

aaronk

Licensed User
Longtime User
On my device it works fine. (as I am the developer)

On my other device I didn't purchase the app, but have put my email into my Google Developer console backend, and it used to work but now it doesn't.

On one of the staffs devices I have also put his email into the backend of the Google Developer console and it works.

On a different staff members device, I put his email into the Google Developer Console and it doesn't work.

On the customers device he has purchased the app (on that device) and it was working fine and then all of the sudden, it now runs the lc_DontAllow sub when he runs it on his device. (He hasn't got a refund or anything, and still shows he has purchased the app in my merchant account)
(I made it display something if it fails, so I know why it failed)

Each of the devices all have internet access on it. They have tied uninstalling and re-installing the app again. but still had no luck getting it to work.

I haven't done anything in the app or changed anything in the Google Developer console and now I have some issues with the License check.

Upvote 0

aaronk

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks Erel,

I think I know what might be the problem with my test devices.

When I created the release apk I changed the apk file version to something else and didn't upload it to Google Play.

However, the version on Google Play should of worked for the guy that downloaded it from Google Play (I haven't given him any new versions).

I am going to be sending a new update file to Google Play in the next day or so, I guess I just have to wait and see if this new version fixes the error.

The devices with the developer account are less reliable.

If I change the 'License Test Response' in my Google Developer console it seems to follow what I choose every time for the developer account.

On other devices it seems to be hit and miss. So I would of thought my developer account was more reliable, and other accounts not being reliable?

Is DontAllow event raised?

Yes it is. (even on the customers app that he purchased from Google Play)
This happened to another customer just before Christmas last year, and a week later it all started to work normal again. (maybe this will work again in a few days)

Seems like other users encountered this issue

I took a look at that link, seems to be the same as what is happening to me. I guess I need to re-upload my apk file with the new changes and see if it fixes my issues.

Upvote 0