licensing library question

rfresh

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have a few questions please.

(1) I plan to have two versions of my app: a free trial version and a paid version. Do I need to include the licensing library code in the free trial version? It's the same code with some flags being set differently.

(2) I assume in Erel's license code example I am to input my own publicKey string right?

(3) Regarding this line of code: lc.SetVariableAndValue("test1", "some secret value")

I don't understand why this is needed? Erel explains that this sets a global var and that we can check it's value some place in our code to make sure the second argument matches what we have set it to be...but...there are two licensing Subs called lc_DontAllow and lc_Error. If the license check fails won't one of these two Subs be called and .Finish the app? It these two Subs are not called then doesn't that mean the license check passed and I don't need to check this test_1 variable?

Last edited:

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
1. If the code references the licensing library then you will need to include the library. Otherwise it will fail to compile.
2. Yes.
3. Note that the variable name should include an underscore if you plan to obfuscate your code (which you should).
This is not really needed. It just adds another protection measure.

Upvote 0