Licensing now getting "Not Market Managed"

NFOBoy

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok, so I had the placeholder for my program (to do licensing checks) for several months now.

Google Play has now switched to the "new view", but I was still using the old one, and I deleted the old apk, thinking I could upload the new apk afterwords, but it deleted the whole thing... so no app placeholder anymore.

Fine, I'll try the new view, but wait... licensing is now app specific, so I started a new app, and grabbed the license code (public key), and swapped it in my code for the old one.

But now, all I get is "not market managed"

I have changed the package name, changed out the public key... but nothing is getting this to work... and I had literally been checking the licensing under the old view just minutes before... and was getting successful checks (and able to change the default reply on my Google Developer page.. and it was all good)

D'oh!

Anyone, have any experience on what might be happening? I am using 1.92.. my program is ready to go other than this.. today was just getting final screenshots to upload, and test out to make sure licensing was all set using the setvariableandvalue method.

I am out of ideas... other than not use the licensing protocol.

--- begin edit ---

hrmmm, strangely enough, I had also written Google, and got the standard canned reply about checking this and that, but Then, when I tried it again.. I started getting successful checks... (I've been slamming my forehead for a while... and hadn't changed code at all for a bit)... but now it seems to be working

now to see how it does with users...

Last edited:

luke2012

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok, so I had the placeholder for my program (to do licensing checks) for several months now.

Google Play has now switched to the "new view", but I was still using the old one, and I deleted the old apk, thinking I could upload the new apk afterwords, but it deleted the whole thing... so no app placeholder anymore.

Fine, I'll try the new view, but wait... licensing is now app specific, so I started a new app, and grabbed the license code (public key), and swapped it in my code for the old one.

But now, all I get is "not market managed"

I have changed the package name, changed out the public key... but nothing is getting this to work... and I had literally been checking the licensing under the old view just minutes before... and was getting successful checks (and able to change the default reply on my Google Developer page.. and it was all good)

D'oh!

Anyone, have any experience on what might be happening? I am using 1.92.. my program is ready to go other than this.. today was just getting final screenshots to upload, and test out to make sure licensing was all set using the setvariableandvalue method.

I am out of ideas... other than not use the licensing protocol.

--- begin edit ---

hrmmm, strangely enough, I had also written Google, and got the standard canned reply about checking this and that, but Then, when I tried it again.. I started getting successful checks... (I've been slamming my forehead for a while... and hadn't changed code at all for a bit)... but now it seems to be working

now to see how it does with users...

I'm got the same error :-(
Which is the problem ??

Upvote 0