Android Question Linking two WebViews

epicsapis

Hellosss

I have two WebView in my B4A App. In one WebView (let's name it A) I have my site, the other one (let's name it B) is hidden. Perfect!

Now what I want is to be able to click some link in my site (in WebView A) and open the URL in WebView B and display it, hiding the WebView A. Then I will need to have a button to hide WebView B and display WebView A again.

Is this even possible?
If not, Is there any way to create the same visual effect for the users?

epicsapis

Because I want the ability to keep the first WebView just as the user leaved it before he/she open the second one. But I am thinking in the possibility of using a full size iframe on top of the HTML content of the WebView, then I would just hide the iframe and I am back the the original content.

This is a solution that I don't like, but is the only workaround I can think.

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The less you use webview the better.

Upvote 0

FrostCodes

Licensed User
Hellosss

I have two WebView in my B4A App. In one WebView (let's name it A) I have my site, the other one (let's name it B) is hidden. Perfect!

Now what I want is to be able to click some link in my site (in WebView A) and open the URL in WebView B and display it, hiding the WebView A. Then I will need to have a button to hide WebView B and display WebView A again.

Is this even possible?
If not, Is there any way to create the same visual effect for the users?

Look at this library (webviewextras) it might be able to help you.
But i am afraid using 2 WebView's might really slow down your app.

Upvote 0