Bug? ListView.SetLayoutAnimated BUG

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
HI EREL,

I have searched the forum, and found that other views have this issue, however, I decided to post it anyway in the hope that a "problem minimizing" solution would be provided...

I have a ListView, placed under a label, and when the label is clicked I bring it to foreground and enlarge it to final shape using SetLayoutAnimated. Then, upon item selection, I re-set its size to be again under the label, again using the SetLayoutAnimated method.

The enlarging effect works as it is expected, and the Listview Items (singleline labels) are scaled, as shown in the video.
The shrinking effect DOES NOT work as expected, because only the first item on the listview gets scaled and animated, as also shown in the video, being first scaled up to the size of the listview container, and the scaled down to the set layout.

I know this is probably something you cannot solve, but I was hopping for a solution without having to use the animation library.

This is the video

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
SO, after checking a suggestion by @JordiCP, about a snippet by @ilan, which allows to copy the graphical contents of a panel into a bitmap, I have managed to solve this issue...
In my solution I use a Panel as parent for the ListView, and pass the same panel as origin and target to the PanelCapture sub.

Here's the result:

BUG SOLVED [/QUOTE]