LiveWallpaper Library

XverhelstX

Licensed User
Longtime User
If someone is intrested, I updated the library with an example and an gifDecoder.

You can select a gif and it will automatically run as your wallpaper.
Now it's started to look more like a LiveWallpaper and a nice addition to Erel's excellent LiveWallpaper Library!.

I used JD-GUI on Agraham's GifDecoder, and I hope I was allowed. Agraham, tell me if I can use it, otherwise I will remove it.

Tomas

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
I can't find your updated library.

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you so much.

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I used JD-GUI on Agraham's GifDecoder
Don't bother asking first then before re-publishing my code.:(

You didn't need to pirate it anyway but could have referenced the methods in the existing jar with no loss of performance but having stolen the code I see no attribution in the XML.

You need to grow up and learn some programming etiquette.

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Ouch! A pretty rude remark there.
It was intended to be.
Educating fellow developers of the proper etiquette would be a better way to go here, especially with a developer who is so willing to make so many libraries for others.
You are entitled to your opinion, I of course am entitled to mine - and to express it as well.

bluejay

Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel,

I agree with agraham.

A lot of time and effort goes into writing, testing and documenting B4A libraries and tools. But new developers may not be aware of the ground rules, for example the difference between to 'free to use' and 'free to use and modify'.

Would you be able to create a STICKY on the main page with a short guide for the new starters on how best to use the resources available on this terrific forum?

regards

bluejay

bluejay

Licensed User
Longtime User
Somehow, I completely missed seeing that one.

It is a good idea. Could you add this to the first post of the sticky about creating libraries?

bluejay

squaremation

Licensed User
Longtime User
If someone is intrested, I updated the library with an example and an gifDecoder.

You can select a gif and it will automatically run as your wallpaper.
Now it's started to look more like a LiveWallpaper and a nice addition to Erel's excellent LiveWallpaper Library!.

I used JD-GUI on Agraham's GifDecoder, and I hope I was allowed. Agraham, tell me if I can use it, otherwise I will remove it.

Tomas

This would have been nice :sign0148:

malc

Licensed User
Longtime User
So where is the Live Wallpaper Library by XverhelstX? I can only find Erel's version.

squaremation

Licensed User
Longtime User
@

So where is the Live Wallpaper Library by XverhelstX? I can only find Erel's version.

He removed it because it contained modified code from another library.

Well, I'm sorry then.
I will remove the libs
I just thought it was easier this way, and apparently I was wrong.

Tomas

Wish that it was possible for this library to be published again, the current method of
B4X:
 anim.AddAll(Array As String("img1", "img2", "img3"....))
isn't very stable (at least for me). I would almost PAY to get this library done legal some how.

:sign0163:

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Animated Live Wall papers

Hi everyone, i'm a little confused with this library, is it possible or not to create a live wall paper with an animated gif picture, if so can someone provide some examples, i see that someone created a library with a modified version of the code Agraham created but they took it off, that is a bummer, anyhow if someone can maybe enlighten about doing something like that it would be awesome

cheers,
Walter