Android Question Load Layout - Layout not displaying

chris ash

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello

Can anyone help me out with this as its really annoying me now...

Ok so I have an app that I have written that has a number of activities.

From the main game play activity it opens other activities that show videos and then close again. The videos all work fine every time I have never had an issue.

I have recently added another activity that opens,. allows the user to complete a mini game and then returns to the activity from which it came.

The issue I have is that this latest activity (this one alone) does not always display.

As it loads in all cases it creates, it resumes the music starts. BUT sometimes the layout does not appear. Then if I click where you would expect the button to be, and the button press happens, the layout appears in all its glory. And the game carries on with the rest of the content for this Activity.

If left alone the layout will also pop up at random with no intervention. If I press the back button the layout will display.

I don't profess to be an expert with B4a but I thought I was getting pretty proficient with opening and closing activities but I honestly cannot work out why this is being like this? Its almost like it thinks its displaying it but just forgetting to actually do so.

What I know
If start the app fresh it seems to do it quite regularly on the third time this activity opens
It does seem to be device specific - Hudl 2 is the only device I have seen the issue on (OS 5.1)
If I put a message box as the activity create and resume they both display and It also displays the layout every time. I suspect this may be the msgbox's forcing a screen refresh or something

So my question is anyone any idea why this is happening, I suspect its the hudl as no matter what I do that always seems to have some issue with the work I've done, where every other device works fine. Devices on OS 4.4.2 and 6.0.1 do not have this issue.

More to the point whatever the issue is does anyone have any idea how I can force it to display the activity? A command that just says are you forgetting something?

Thanks in advance for any advice

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Without seeing your code we just can guess.

Upload a small project which shows the problem

Upvote 0