loadcsv and accent

claveriel

hello,
i use the function : Tableinterv.LoadCSV("interv.csv", ";", 0,true)
to load a csv file in a table, it works but in french we have caracter with accent for exemple : é
all caracters with accent are ingnored

example: the word été become t.

can you help me ?

claveriel

i create myself the csv file, i don't use excel.

i 'll work without accent.

thank you for the answer
claveriel

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
I think that you could use XML format instead and retain the accent.

Regards,
RandomCoder

claveriel

To create my csv, i export my data from an other sotfware.
i want to modify and create datas in the pocket pc. I save the data to a csv file in the pocket.

After the csv files go to the pc with activesync.
and i import my data into my other software.

this en exemple of a c sv file :

barthe;2004;N;Maïs consommation;10.88
cousin;2004;N;Maïs consommation;0
pignada;2004;N;Graines fourragères;60.46

Last edited:

yildi

Licensed User
I have the symmetrical problem: In the small soft I have developed, I save some data using Table.SaveCSV but if I open it in ThinkingRock (which is a Java program), I get garbage (the unicode indicator at the beginning and garbaged accented characters). Is there a way to convert to high ASCII the text saved in the CSV file, instead of UTF8? Or, how can I export data containing accented characters with SaveCSV to a software that does not seem to understand the Unicode?

Thank you very much in advance.

Murat

yildi

Licensed User
Thanks Erel,

But I think we are higher than my computing competency here (I am a random coder much more random than RandomCoder ;-) ). I do not know the code page. I am surprised that this program does not understand Unicode, at least for this function... You are of course write (my question is stupid); there is nothing like high ASCII without a corresponding code page...

I have asked the question at ThinkingRock user forums. We will see if someone has an answer...

Regards,

Murat

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…