loadcsv and accent

claveriel

hello,
i use the function : Tableinterv.LoadCSV("interv.csv", ";", 0,true)
to load a csv file in a table, it works but in french we have caracter with accent for exemple : é
all caracters with accent are ingnored :(

example: the word été become t.

can you help me ?

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
I think that you could use XML format instead and retain the accent.

Regards,
RandomCoder

claveriel

To create my csv, i export my data from an other sotfware.
i want to modify and create datas in the pocket pc. I save the data to a csv file in the pocket.

After the csv files go to the pc with activesync.
and i import my data into my other software.

this en exemple of a c sv file :

barthe;2004;N;Maïs consommation;10.88
cousin;2004;N;Maïs consommation;0
pignada;2004;N;Graines fourragères;60.46

Last edited:

yildi

Licensed User
I have the symmetrical problem: In the small soft I have developed, I save some data using Table.SaveCSV but if I open it in ThinkingRock (which is a Java program), I get garbage (the unicode indicator at the beginning and garbaged accented characters). Is there a way to convert to high ASCII the text saved in the CSV file, instead of UTF8? Or, how can I export data containing accented characters with SaveCSV to a software that does not seem to understand the Unicode?

Thank you very much in advance.

Murat

yildi

Licensed User
Thanks Erel,

But I think we are higher than my computing competency here (I am a random coder much more random than RandomCoder ;-) ). I do not know the code page. I am surprised that this program does not understand Unicode, at least for this function... You are of course write (my question is stupid); there is nothing like high ASCII without a corresponding code page...

I have asked the question at ThinkingRock user forums. We will see if someone has an answer...

Regards,

Murat