Android Question Loading from #AdditionalRess

Guenter Becker

Licensed User
Good day to all of you,

may be I have a silly question but I searched for an answer and did'nt found it.

I have some bitmaps stored in the the Folder ..\TDRes and added in the Main #AdditionalRes: ..\TDRes.
What is the way to adress this directory by B4A code for this: ImageView.Bitmap = loadBitmap(????,Filename).

Thank you for your help.

################## Found Solution Thanks ###############

Last edited:

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Good day to all of you,

may be I have a silly question but I searched for an answer and did'nt found it.

I have some bitmaps stored in the the Folder ..\TDRes and added in the Main #AdditionalRes: ..\TDRes.
What is the way to adress this directory by B4A code for this: ImageView.Bitmap = loadBitmap(????,Filename).

Thank you for your help.

################## Found Solution Thanks ###############
Why not add those files directly to the Files folder of your project so you can access them directly with File.DirAssets?

Upvote 0

Guenter Becker

Licensed User
Why not add those files directly to the Files folder of your project so you can access them directly with File.DirAssets?
Thank you for your answer,
on investigation for another question I found an old comment from Erel. He said that it'is better not use AdditionalRes. Further he pointed out that a custom view converted to a b4xlib may contain not only the bas file it may contain a Files Folder with view specific content either. And that is exactly my solution for a custom view because I do not like to overload the project File Folder with objects only being used by the custom control.

Upvote 0