Android Question Localizator Further format options

Sgdva

Licensed User
Background:
I need an easy way to translate the strings in my app Localizator works nicely, however, I need to use italics, bold and hyperlinks on the text used. I have tried as it was used on html, but it is not working.
Problem:
I have not found a way to make that the localizator recognizes this formats on specific words
Code:
I am not sure if it is worth on how I call the strings, but it is like this:
B4X:
Starter.ObjLocalizator.Localize("txt_formatted")
In excel looks like the html:
<a href="http://www.freepik.com">8Ms,5s and 7Ps Icons: Designed by macrovector / Freepik</a>
However it's set as such, no hyperlinks.

Further thoughts
I tried to set italics and bold in excel, in hopes that may help, but no luck.

Attachments

• Sample.zip
    191.5 KB · Views: 241
  • Untitled.png
    40.8 KB · Views: 300
Last edited:

Myr0n

Licensed User
Longtime User
Can you post a small project of your prototype please.

Just, exactly what you are trying.

Upvote 0

Sgdva

Licensed User
Can you post a small project of your prototype please.

Just, exactly what you are trying.
@Myron Uploaded on the first post, and also a picture on what I am trying to achieve (colors that can be declared as well, bold, italic formats too)

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

Sgdva

Licensed User

@Erel Thank you so much for this information, unfortunately, I have not been able to make it work.
The Screenshot was a sample on what I am looking for (as I could not find it in one app as now), it is not the real app; they were two apps that I found had what I am chasing to do.
Approach
I attempted to recreate your example in the link given -where it should log when I click the text-, however, nothing is parsed at the "Logs". The color is changed correctly.
Additionally, I tried to use the string builder as stated in this post for hyperlinks, but no luck either.
I checked all sample projects to see if one may help, but the only one that I found with hypertext link uses a label and the full link. I would not like something like this:
Google: www.google.com
Instead I am just looking to create Google
Additionally to your helpful CSBuilder, I attempted to create a stringbuilder function for hyperlinks, but I think I am not doing the right logic there.
I attach this new version with these changes
Further thoughts
Could it be due to the fact that I am using the CustomListView? Should I use something else?
How could I make Italic/bold the color defined on the CS?

Attachments

• Sample2.zip
    182 KB · Views: 232
Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
You should use CSBuilder. Nothing else.

Could it be due to the fact that I am using the CustomListView?
No.

ow could I make Italic/bold the color defined on the CS?
You need to do some work here. Define a simple markup "language" and build a parser that converts the marked string to a CharSequence using CSBuilder.

Upvote 0

Sgdva

Licensed User
You should use CSBuilder. Nothing else.

No.

You need to do some work here. Define a simple markup "language" and build a parser that converts the marked string to a CharSequence using CSBuilder.
Thank you for your support, although I was not able to do it in a custom listview since the parameter to listen to is the label.
Nevertheless, the label can be scrolled (which was my real concern) so it works.
I have to say that this library is also useful

Upvote 0
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…