LocationManager Library

Shay

Licensed User
Longtime User
Is there a way to control location change refresh time, it looks it is updating every 20 seconds

Shay

Licensed User
Longtime User
Is there a way to control location change refresh time, it looks it is updating every 20 seconds
also is this "get location by cell" is consuming battery or the phone is doing this anyway

hookshy

Licensed User
Longtime User
I want to use a service to fetch the latitude and longitude using location manager , any Idea how this library must interact with a service.
I don-t understand where can you declare the location manger object and where to initialize ?
Thanks

Shay

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi
is this library suppose to work when DATA is disabled?
I am not getting any cell reading while my wifi or 3g is off
I need to read my location without GPS or data, can it be done?

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I was also getting the "Provider Disabled" error. I noticed that that event had a "Provider" parameter, so I added it to the error dialog text and it reported the provider as "gps", so for some reason version 1.1 in post #1 is trying to use the GPS location function and not the course/cell location function.

Fortunately, the version 1.0 in post #1 worked on my SGS4 to properly use "course" location data.

Mark Ryan Penafiel

Licensed User
Longtime User
I request for mobile location every seconds via timer. After some time, no location is being retrieved. Is the location manager fails because of simultaneous request? or it is possible there is no network location retrieved in some location

laviniut

Licensed User
Longtime User
You can test it. try to use the phone for some time in same location where network location works fine.

fricentric

Licensed User
Longtime User
I get a blank page when i open the app. It only shows the Update location and stop listening options when i click on the menu.
What am i doing wrong? Why am i not getting the location? i have used the app with wifi only, with 3g only and with 2g only but no output.

laviniut

Licensed User
Longtime User
You must wait a while. a minute or two. must be connected to internet, and is a good idea to enable GPS.

fricentric

Licensed User
Longtime User
You must wait a while. a minute or two. must be connected to internet, and is a good idea to enable GPS.
Tried it inside a house where there is no signal from gps. I have tried on two different phones. Is thereany other way to get location?

KY Leng

Licensed User
Longtime User
When I push menu "Update location", I got a message box error "Provider Disable". Could anyone tell me the reason why?
Or because I am in Cambodia, a location that do not support by this library?

Best regards,

Dadeda

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've tried using this lib version 1.0 and 1.1, and the Location_LocationChanged event never fires, i cannot get the lat/long coordinates trough wifi, and wifi is connected and working..any help please ?

hookshy

Licensed User
Longtime User
teste latest location manager 1.1 does anyone tested the lib on dual sim ? ...

I have problems ..no location is availlable using a dual sim phone ..either if sim in on slot 1 or slot 2
If we could find a way to make this work on dual sim this will be great ...as some of the models use this feature

I get provider disabled ...what should I do in this case ?
Msgbox("Provider","Provider Disabled")

Last edited:

coslad

Licensed User
Longtime User
"Provider Disable" even to me on a note 3, why?

Sgardy

Licensed User
Longtime User
Do can I use together LM.requestMobileLocation and LM.requestGPSLocation? It works fine on my samsung S3 neo but I get an error in the emulator reporting Provider = Null and the app aborts, there is a way to manage this kind of error in case it occours in real phones?
Many thanks in advance!