iOS Question log with distribution and FireBase(push notification)

Marco Maria Vilucchi

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all,
I have B4I 7.2 and iphone 6s with ios 14.4.2
for my app I use a distribution certificate and a Profisioning file AdHoc with Firebase for push notification
If I coplile with App release I HAVEN'T A LOG.
If I compile with F5 (compile and debug) the device asks me to install but then remains waiting (see attachment CompileAndDebug.png) (but device is connceted)
If I compile with app B4I-Bridge I have: (see attachment appB4IBridge). In this case maybe I should change the Package in project / Configure environment, but I don't know how.
I recently changed the version of B4I and the device, but I remember that before I had no problems with the log.
What can I try to have again logs?
Can someone tell me where am i wrong?
Thanks in advance
Marcom

Attachments

• CompileAndDebug.PNG
    CompileAndDebug.PNG
    51.3 KB · Views: 130
  • appB4IBridge.txt
    1.7 KB · Views: 141

Andrew (Digitwell)

Licensed User
Longtime User
In your error log, there is the line:

error: Provisioning profile "ServiceH24AdHoc" has app ID "com.ServiceH24.app", which does not match the bundle ID "com.ServiceH24.app.bridge". (in target 'B4iProject' from project 'B4iProject')

It looks like you are not using a wildcard app id. One which ends with a "*".

Take a look at

and also

Upvote 0

Andrew (Digitwell)

Licensed User
Longtime User
Sorry @Marco Maria Vilucchi you misunderstand.
The wildcard certificate is used to built the B4I Bridge.

The specific certificate is used to build your app.

see this thread which has an explanation.

You must use a wildcard app id when building B4i-Bridge. The best app id is: *

Upvote 0

Marco Maria Vilucchi

Licensed User
Longtime User
sorry I don't understand.
When I create a certificate with wildcard I can't specify that I use push notification.
So, when I compile with that certificate (with wildcard) I have a compilation error because my app use push notification.
Where am I doing wrong?

Upvote 0

Andrew (Digitwell)

Licensed User
Longtime User
Sorry for not explaining better. This can get a bit confusing the first time you do it.

You can compile different apps with different certificates and mobile provisions.

See the second link I gave in my first reply.

so B4I bridge is compiled with the wild card certificate and a mobile provision connected to it. B4i Bridge does not need push notifications.

The other app, which needs push notifications, is built with the specific certificate and a mobile provision built with that.
You also need a release version of the mobile provision for the specific certificate.

so your keys directory will have these 5 files in it.
  • wildcard certificate (used for generic development)
  • wildcard development provision (used for generic development)
  • specific certificate (used for an app with push notifications, in app purchases etc)
  • specific development provision (used for development and also to release via Firebase distribution)
  • specific release provision (used when releasing to Apple App store)
you then can use
#CertificateFile:
#ProvisionFile:

directives to specify which ones to use in any particular app.

Upvote 0

Marco Maria Vilucchi

Licensed User
Longtime User
ok, I summarize.
I used a development provisioning file and a development certificate. I compiled with B4I-Bridge. Why does the compilation give an error?
The error is: Provisioning profile "Development" doesn't support the Push Notifications capability (see attached file).
sorry but i can't solve

Attachments

• appB4IBridgedeveloper.txt
    1.7 KB · Views: 130
Upvote 0

Andrew (Digitwell)

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ah,

I think I finally see the problem.

Did you just replace the certificates in your app which used push Notifications with the wildcard certificates?

That is not the right way to do it.

This is how I create B4i Bridge, ( which I had to do recently for a new phone)
  1. Create a new app in b4i , save it. (This is the key step.)
  2. Add the #Certificatefile and #ProvisionFile to refer to the wildcard development items.
  3. change the Build configuration so that the package id is supported by your wildcard ( in my case, my wildcard is uk.*) so I use uk..co.digiwell
  4. select the option Tools->builder server->Build B4i bridge. The bridge app should build without a problem.
  5. Scan the QR code with your phone or tablet to install.
I just tried tried this and it works.

I also tried replacing the certificate and provision of a working app which used push notifications with the wildcard ones and then followed steps 2 to 4 above and got the same error as you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Marco Maria Vilucchi

Licensed User
Longtime User
Sorry, but that's not the problem.
I don't care which way (with B4I-Bridge or without), but I need to see the logs and I can't see them with any type of compilation or certificate, if I use push notification on the app.
What you wrote to me I did when I installed B4I-Bridge on a new phone, but I need to have the logs with an app that uses push notification.
I don't care what kind of compilation.

Upvote 0