iOS Question long connection time with remote b4i compiler

developer_123

Licensed User
Longtime User
I would appreciate if someone can tell me how to improve the response time of the remote B4I compiler. Response time is getting slower and the most common error is "Error sending data to remote compiler". I have done the test, and out of every 10 compilation attempts, it is only possible to compile maximum 2 times. With the same code, that is, each attempt has been with a functional code. I have tried it with a Hello world, something quite basic, and exactly the same thing happens. I have a 100 MBPS fiber optic broadband connection. This has happened to me for quite some time and Unfortunately I gets used to it, but it has already reached a point where it is too much, and several times I have had to wait from one day to the next to return to it. In this way it is very difficult to achieve good results and great progress with the use of a tool as good as B4X. He did tests with the secondary server and with the main one and the truth is there is no difference.

I appreciate if someone can indicate some way to improve this situation.

Last edited:

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
The builder are running normally and the actual compilation speed is quite good. Most are less than 10 seconds.
One of the builders is in USA and the other one is in Ireland. Many things can slow down the network connection between your PC and the builder.

If the network connection is too slow for you then you should switch to a local builder.

Upvote 0

developer_123

Licensed User
Longtime User
The builder are running normally and the actual compilation speed is quite good. Most are less than 10 seconds.
One of the builders is in USA and the other one is in Ireland. Many things can slow down the network connection between your PC and the builder.

If the network connection is too slow for you then you should switch to a local builder.
Erel good day. Thanks for your answer. The situation is very frequent, however, I am going to try to carry out tests this week from another office where they have contracted another internet provider. I will be reporting.

However a question, My main project so far has a size of 45 MB and eventually it will continue to increase. What is the size limit of the application to use the remote server?

Upvote 0

developer_123

Licensed User
Longtime User
In case of exceeding this size, because it will eventually happen. Could a local builder solve it? If so: What is the maximum size that I can work with a local builder?

Upvote 0