Android Question Looking for working Sample B4A 10.7 Text recognisition

Jan Vrielink

Licensed User
I would like to incorporate some text recognition functionality in my app.
But all libraries / examples found in this forum do not work with my b4a 10.7 installation.
Does anyone have an example that works on b4a 10.7?

Johan Schoeman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Works without a problem using Java 11 and B4A 10.7 (targetSDKversion = 29)

b4aAndroidTextRecognition: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/textrecognitionandroid-ocr.121018/

1616511124545.png

Upvote 0

Jan Vrielink

Licensed User
thank you for your quick response. Something must be wrong with my development environment.
By the way; b4aAndroidTextRecognition compiles and runs also succesfully in my environment, but no text is detected (in the events of your example).
No matter what text size the text is.
I have tried on another pc with clean(er) install; but also no recognition
Tomorrow i will try again.

Upvote 0

Johan Schoeman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
thank you for your quick response. Something must be wrong with my development environment.
By the way; b4aAndroidTextRecognition compiles and runs also succesfully in my environment, but no text is detected (in the events of your example).
No matter what text size the text is.
I have tried on another pc with clean(er) install; but also no recognition
Tomorrow i will try again.
Check the B4A log when you have clicked on "Grab Text" - also click on Connect in the Logs tab of the IDE. The text will be in the B4A log

Upvote 0

Jan Vrielink

Licensed User
Your question points me to the right direction:
I did not have a 'grab text'-button because i downloaded the sample at the start of the thread. I thought this was the last version (edited 15 aug), but then i saw an newer project 1.01 in de discussion. When i tried that one, the grab text button works !
The atr1_text_scanned_blocks/text_scanned_lines-events still are not triggered also in this sample also, but that is not a problem because the 'grab text'-button-code is enough for me. I am satisfied with this great library; the problems with the other text recognition samples were mostly compiling problems, so i do not need a solution for that.
Thank you Johan, also i have used your barcode project; you did a great job.
Still I decided to switch to https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/t...er-that-is-100-embedded-in-b4a.63764/#content because it scans a CODE_128 faster.
Thanks a lot

Upvote 0