B4R Question Luckfox Pico Mini RV1103 Linux Micro Development Board, Is it a B4R or B4J Thingy?

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Guys,

Today I came across this inexpensive board, the Luckfox Pico Mini RV1103 Linux Micro Development Board.
Since I understand that python can be run in Micro Controlers (like the arduino boards) as well by SOC systems like the raspberry Pi, and since I can't seem to find any really helpfull info on this subject, I post my question here.
It claims to be able to ssh to it, so I am guessing it to be more on the B4J side, but can it run .Jar???
Any one have any insights on this?

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Guys,

Today I came across this inexpensive board, the Luckfox Pico Mini RV1103 Linux Micro Development Board.
Since I understand that python can be run in Micro Controlers (like the arduino boards) as well by SOC systems like the raspberry Pi, and since I can't seem to find any really helpfull info on this subject, I post my question here.
It claims to be able to ssh to it, so I am guessing it to be more on the B4J side, but can it run .Jar???
Any one have any insights on this?

Definitely B4J. You just have to figure out the right Java version.

Upvote 0

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Very, very interesting:

Quoting WebChatGPT chrome addon Google search:
To explore micro Linux distros, consider the following options:
  1. ArchBang: Combines the simplicity of Arch Linux with Openbox window manager for lightweight performance[1].
  2. Tiny Core Linux: Designed to be a minimalistic and modular Linux distribution, enabling users to build their system as needed[1].
  3. Damn Small Linux (DSL): A compact distribution tailored for low-spec x86 computers, packing a variety of applications into a small package[4].
  4. Puppy Linux: Known for its small size, speed, and ability to run from a USB flash drive, CD, or SD card[1].
  5. Porteus: A portable Linux distribution based on Slackware, designed to be small, fast, and customizable[1].
These micro Linux distros are ideal for resource-constrained devices or users looking for lightweight operating systems.

(It worths it trying with alpine Linux, I am not sure though if there is enough space for a web app in this board since I just noticed both memory and flash are in MBs and not GBs. Propably you will need Bellsoft Java. If I were you I would create a virtualbox VM with alpine linux, add in it bellsoft JDK and package the jar with B4JPackager11 in the linux VM. This would just pick the needed modules reducing thus the full footprint of the app. Then transfer the app)

Upvote 0

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Last edited:
Upvote 0