Share My Creation Lunar Lander [B4x] - Full Game (Source included)

Hello everyone,

This is a remake of the old awesome Lunar Lander Game from the 80s. It is written in B4x (B4j) and can be easily ported to Android and iOS. It includes also a Camera Zoom feature like the original game.

Link: https://github.com/ilan1204/lunar-lander

I need to mention that I have not put to many comments inside the code and that the collision detection is not working 100% as I wanted but it is good enough for such a game.
if you have questions about the code feel free to ask me. :)

A little bit about the game :

Gameplay

Lunar Lander is a single-player game in the Lunar Lander subgenre in which the player attempts to land a lunar landing module on the Moon. The game is displayed using black and white vector graphics and depicts a side-on view of the terrain and the landing module. At the top of the screen, the player is given information on the module's speed, altitude, and fuel, along with the score and time spent in the game. The terrain is jagged and has only a few flat areas appropriate for landing. The player controls the orientation of the module and fires the thruster to steer the module safely to a landing area. The module is always displayed in the center of the screen, with the terrain scrolling beneath it as it travels horizontally, wrapping the single screen-width of terrain endlessly.[1] Screenshot of gameplay; the lander is tilted to the right, and two safe landing areas are highlighted

screen3a.jpg

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I saw this game (written in Python) runs on very high GPU (about 90%) on Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) in this video a few days ago.

Last edited:

KiloBravo

Licensed User
Great game ! I used to play in the arcade and Jupiter Lander on my VIC20. Stuck the 4x first try. Almost got 5x on my second time. Just about to touch down and ran out of fuel! 🤷‍♂️