Main Activity Regaining Focus (Configuration Panel Overlay )

Guardian17

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thought I should start a new thread on this, even though it's related to my thread on "Configuration Panel Overlay".
(see thread: http://www.b4x.com/forum/basic4andr...2-configuration-panel-overlay.html#post133653).

This new thread deals with how to get the Main Activity to be properly restored after overlaying a configuration-settings panel, and then removing that panel after the User choices have been made.

What happens now is that, after I execute the "CloseSettings" to remove the Selection Panel, the Selection Panel disappears and I am left with my main screen, but in a very dimmed state (the entire screen is dim), and none of the buttons on the main screen respond to any clicks.

"Panel1" is the panel that everything is loaded into in the main Activity.
I tried "Panel1.Invalidate", and also "Panel1.Invalidate3(0,0,100%x,100%y)", but I get the same result with the dim Main Activity and no responses.

Is there some other method to get the Main Activity screen to re-gain focus so that all of its buttons can be used again?

Guardian17

Licensed User
Longtime User
Problem Resolved

Erel:

My apologies. The problem mentioned was with my "OK" button on my overlaid configuration panel. In getting my project ready to export and upload to your site, I realized that my configuration panel "Cancel" button was working properly -- letting me get access to the Main Activity screen again, and when I checked what was different about the "Cancel" vs "OK" button code, I realized that I was removing panels for the configuration screen, but not the overall "background" panel that everything was loading into. So that panel was still present and intercepting clicks.
Problem solved. Thanks for responding.

Upvote 0