Android Question Make preferencesdialog occupy all visible screen without the bars

SayCheese

Licensed User
I would like to have the preferencesdialog occupy all visible screen without the bars, as it would be fullscreen. So no windowtitle and if possible no frame around it.
100%x, 100%y makes the "oke" "cancel" panel disappear behind the navigationkeys-bar. So, 100%y does not take the nav-bar in account.
I guess if it cant be solved by the preferencesdialog alone, a possible solution could be calculating the nav-bar-height and have this substracted from 100%y.
There is a lot of Javacode on the internet about calculating the nav-bar height but, besides the fact I don't know how to implement this in B4A, it seems rather complicated to have it right depending on several circumstances. (devicesize, landscape or portrait, API versions etc..)
Is there a solution for this problem in the preferencesdialog or B4A in general?
Any help is appreciated.

SayCheese

Licensed User
Thanks for your reply.
Perhaps I wasn't clear enough. I don't want to hide the bars but want to have the preferencesdialog to occupy the app-space (I'm not sure this is the correct term for my wish). So the space between the bars which are part of the system. If I use 100%y the buttons are underneath the static nav-bar and the windowtitle too but in this case that's a good thing because this windowcaption has no real purpose in B4A. Having a narrow/small window obstructs the functionality/userexperience of the preferencesdialog IMHO.
The Preferencesdialog is a very useful addition to B4X, I'm glad it's there although I'm aware it probably hasn't reached it's final stage yet.
It would be very nice extension if the preferencesdialog had a property/possibility to force it to occupy all app space if it's not already there (which primarily was my question).

Last edited:
Upvote 0