B4J Question Map a network drive

rspitzer

One of the options of my program is to list files on a shared network or workstation directory. Is the a way to network drive in B4J (not android) to do this? The drives should be always on a linux server, but there may be instances for a windows server too.

rspitzer

I have to apologize here, my original question may have not been very clear. In VB.Net and VB.Net (Compact Framework) Microsoft provides through one of their API's a map network drive command (Basically a link to the command line Net Use). Programatically, the user through the GUI, would provide an IP address or a name of a server/workstation, the name of a shared directory, a user/domain name login and password. The program would pass the parameters through the API to login to a Network or FTP server and map a drive locally to the calling program. B4J is a very robust language, and instead of trying to re invent this API, I was wondering if someone has already done so, can point me to some sample code that accomplishes this task. If not, then I was thinking instead, would it be possible to run a small batch or script file from B4J to accomplish the same task? Since I am not very familiar with running programs through a shell in Java, then maybe someone can point me to some examples of running external programs through B4J.

Upvote 0