Android Question Math inputs

redhat

hello
I am new in B4A and want to know is there anyway to do something like image i attached. i want to create a button when user clicks on it, it produce something like that in complete TEXT and user then fill those rectangles with values. any idea or any existing lib for doing this appreciated

Attachments

• math input.jpg
    math input.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 47
  • math input2.jpg
    math input2.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 44

Brian Dean

Licensed User
Longtime User
Here is a suggestion - untried. I would start with a canvas and a maths symbol font. If you put a font file into the assets file folder then you will be able to use it in your app.

Position single maths symbol characters on the canvas - you will be able to adjust the size easily, but positioning them will probably need some care. I would overlay the canvas with a transparent panel and place text boxes on that panel at the required positions.

Another idea would be to display some maths symbols on a canvas, as suggested above, and then cut out some bitmaps containing the symbols to use again - this would make positioning much easier. Difficult to say more without knowing more about your design objective.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

redhat

thank you Brian for your suggestion. I am trying to program a calculator app for android. inside of each rectangle user maybe wants to add another function and so on .something like i attached again here.i think it must be some sort of text for retrieving hole text entered by user for calculation purpose. I'll give a try for your suggestion and send feedback soon

Attachments

• photo_5895265780164049660_x.jpg
    photo_5895265780164049660_x.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 43
  • photo_5886335039917111727_x.jpg
    photo_5886335039917111727_x.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Upvote 0