MelodyTube - App for streaming music from YouTube

ExcludeReality

Licensed User
I wanted to show you all MelodyTube, a desktop application I've been developing. Basically, it let's you play music from the millions of clips available on YouTube. You can organize your music into several different playlists and toggle the default options (shuffle, repeat, etc.). The application automatically downloads an image of the artist (from Google Images). The user interface is very clean and simple to understand.

To add a song; simply type a search string into the large search-box. A plus button will appear when a video is selected. The smaller search-box will search through the current playlist.
The application includes two default playlists (at least one of which should suit your musical taste :D).

The setup file and source code can be downloaded from the website MelodyTube 1.0 - Home

Your feedback is greatly appreciated!

Screenshots:

5922209153_f58305cbe3_b.jpg

5922209161_afbb91ffc2_b.jpg

5922209175_fb4af88e5c_b.jpg

5922209183_20ecf15dc7_b.jpg

5922209187_6898061db6_b.jpg

Last edited:

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Very nice app....I assume this to be a DESKTOP only app, am I correct?

ExcludeReality

Licensed User
Very nice app....I assume this to be a DESKTOP only app, am I correct?

Yes, at the moment I have no plans to develop a mobile version. I have no experience with Basic4android and Windows Mobile seems to be a dead platform by now.

Zenerdiode

Licensed User
@ExcludeReality

Looks great! Like Taximania, I'm going to have a look around your source code just to see how you've done a few things ;)

Please re-upload your source code without the libraries - some of the library authors prefer only registered users of Basic4PPC to have access to them :)

@Taximania

Don't you have access to webspace or a download site that doesn't throw pop-ups and such at you

Have you tried Firefox with the Adblock Plus addon? It really does transform your browsing experience and very little in the way of adverts gets through. In fact, watching something on You Tube from 4oD or channel 5; it cuts out all their ads and makes it quite watchable

ExcludeReality

Licensed User
Please re-upload your source code without the libraries - some of the library authors prefer only registered users of Basic4PPC to have access to them :)

I've re-uploaded the files without the libraries to a more reliable file hosting service. But for the record, AdBlock Plus is amazing!