Memory Usage

Discussion in 'Questions (Windows Mobile)' started by Scubaticus, Jul 2, 2007.

1. Scubaticus

Scubaticus Active Member Licensed User

As my app grows, I run into memory problems (program crashes). I want to know more about memory consumpion when possible when a Sub is called to find out which causes this memory consumption.

Is there a way to figure this out?

Scub

2. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

The Hardware library GCAllocatedMemory will give the managed memory size.
    What is your application loading?

3. Scubaticus

To be honest, nothing special (I think), but it has probably got something to do the way I do it. Something is eating memory. The program is not crashing immediately, but I have to do a few clicks, but it is reproducible.

I'll take a closer look at it with GCAllocatedMemory to see if I can catch this one. I just need to put the finger on the right spot.

I bet I do sub calling the wrong way with as a result spoiling stack space.
    If you are interested, I'll mail you my app and how to crash it, but I can imagine you have more important things to do.

Respect of what you're doing with B4ppc and the courage to share it with us!
    It must be a hell of a job!

Scub.

4. Scubaticus

Gives me back a zero byte string, but I'm not sure how to use it as it's not in the docs, or in the popup control parm list. Do you have a sample on how to use it correctly?

Scub

5. Scubaticus

I managed to capture the error message when the app crashes:

OutOfMemoryException
    Application::Run+0xf
    class1::Main+0x83

Scub

6. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

Send me your application and I'll check it.

7. Scubaticus

My backup version of the app does not crash. When I'm back at the point I was before the b4ppc crash I'll send you the app (when the problem is still there). A lot of code is lost.....

Scub