Android Example Midi System Example - Play A Midi File.

watesoft

Licensed User
Longtime User
This is the simplest of the examples and just loads and plays a midi file. It requires the Midi System Lib available here: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/midisystem.50106/ and all it's dependencies.
Hi stevel
How to play one midi message(not one file) and chose different device(piano,organ....)?

In VB6, I can call: Private Declare Function midiOutShortMsg Lib "winmm.dll" (ByVal hMidiOut As Long, ByVal dwMsg As Long) As Long
Thank you.

Last edited:

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It's a long time since I've looked at this library, as far as I remember to send a single message get the required receiver and call it's send method with the message. To change instrument, you need to send a patch change message.

Have a look at some of the other examples, there is more information in them. If you need help, post a new message and attach the project you are working on with the problem you are encountering.

watesoft

Licensed User
Longtime User
It's a long time since I've looked at this library, as far as I remember to send a single message get the required receiver and call it's send method with the message. To change instrument, you need to send a patch change message.

Have a look at some of the other examples, there is more information in them. If you need help, post a new message and attach the project you are working on with the problem you are encountering.
Thank you. I looked at some examples, but still very confused. so I will post a new message for help.

watesoft

Licensed User
Longtime User

Hi,stevel, I found "webmidi.js" on github,it can play midi note, but I don't know how to use it, perhaps you can.
https://github.com/djipco/webmidi