Bug? minversion strange behavior 'hosted builder set to 10 for bridge, 11 for app

bobbruns

Licensed User
Longtime User
Building the bridge with minversion 10 seems to work, even if you build the app minversion 11

Both Hosted builder and local builder exhibit this behavior.

code lines:
'hosted builder set to 10 for bridge, 11 for app
#MinVersion: 11

iphone se

igooglemaps are minversion 11 now, but cant make a bridge?

bobbruns

Licensed User
Longtime User
Sorry for the delay in response. I took yesterday off.

I use both the hosted builder and a local builder. This problem is identical on both. My Phone is an SE, iOS 15.5.

This example comes from the hosted builder.
For google maps I used code from this page:

https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/googlemaps-tutorial.47019/
(I'm using my own API key of course)
It states:

4. Set the minimum version to 11:

#MinVersion: 11

However If I try to build a bridge, I get this:

clang: error: invalid iOS deployment version '-target armv7-apple-ios11.0', iOS 10 is the maximum deployment target for 32-bit targets [-Winvalid-ios-deployment-target]

Error: ** BUILD FAILED **

The following build commands failed:
CompileC /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/<user id>/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/Objects-normal/armv7/main.o /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/<user id>/B4iProject/main.m normal armv7 objective-c com.apple.compilers.llvm.clang.1_0.compiler (in target 'B4iProject' from project 'B4iProject')
(1 failure)

I always target 64 bit, so this confused me. I tried it both ways (64 and 32 bit), and there was no difference in the outcome.

So I set it to
#MinVersion: 10
Now I can build the bridge, no problem.

Of course the map itself is blank so I set Minversion back to 11 for the debug app.

Now everything works fine. The bridge works fine and the debug works fine

The behavior is identical with the hosted and local builder.

I apologize for posting in multiple locations, but I was concerned that the answer given elsewhere oversimplified and minimized the solution to what (for me) was a time consuming bug. So I posted three times. My bad.

I can now recreate this at will. I tried many other things too.

I run Xcode 13 on my local server, and Apple Configurator to install. Usually I don't post much but in this case I was hoping to save somebody some time..... I hope this helps.

Last edited: