iOS Question Missing private key for signing certificate

schimanski

Licensed User
Longtime User
error: Missing private key for signing certificate. Failed to locate the private key matching certificate "iPhone Distribution: Laxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" in the keychain. To sign with this signing certificate, install its private key in your keychain. If you don't have the private key, select a different signing certificate for CODE_SIGN_IDENTITY in the build settings editor. (in target 'B4iProject' from project 'B4iProject')
We are using an enterpise-account for our apps, but it is only possible to create a maximum of three certificates. So far I have always used my own. But now I have to take one of the distribution certificates prepared by the company. I'm assuming the certificate is now missing my CertSigningRequerst.csr, right? How do I have to proceed so that I can use the new certificate? Thanks for the support.

Johan Hormaza

Licensed User
Longtime User
I see that you still do not have the operating logic with the certificates, what you should do is download the certificate for a specific App or project and then if you need to create another project you can delete it and create another one. that's all. Keep in mind that the most important thing in the ProvisionFile is that it is unique for each app

Upvote 0

schimanski

Licensed User
Longtime User
I see that you still do not have the operating logic with the certificates, what you should do is download the certificate for a specific App or project and then if you need to create another project you can delete it and create another one. that's all. Keep in mind that the most important thing in the ProvisionFile is that it is unique for each app
I think we're talking at cross purposes. As far as I know, deleting the distribution certificate causes all apps signed with it to stop working. However, in order to use the company's distribution certificate, the steps specified in the error message must be taken. But the procedure is not clear to me. I'm sorry for the circumstances.

Upvote 0

Johan Hormaza

Licensed User
Longtime User
I think we're talking at cross purposes. As far as I know, deleting the distribution certificate causes all apps signed with it to stop working. However, in order to use the company's distribution certificate, the steps specified in the error message must be taken. But the procedure is not clear to me. I'm sorry for the circumstances.
No, that is not the case because it is already downloaded in your specific Project Key folder.

Upvote 0

schimanski

Licensed User
Longtime User
No, that is not the case because it is already downloaded in your specific Project Key folder.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions...y-in-the-distribution-certificate-on-keychain

My problem is described exactly here (Exception: We hava an enterprise-account). It's obviously easy to fix if you have access to the MAC PC on which the certificate (distribution) was created. But I do not have that. The second solution shows what is in the error message. Unfortunately I don't know what the following means:

set the appropriate code signing identities in the build settings

Upvote 0

Johan Hormaza

Licensed User
Longtime User
1694694316947.png

To create a certificate and download it for your specific project, you are supposed to generate the .csr files from B4i.
As I told you before, it is not necessary to create so many Distribution Certificates in Apple Developer. I have 8 Apps in the App Store

Upvote 0

schimanski

Licensed User
Longtime User
View attachment 145879

To create a certificate and download it for your specific project, you are supposed to generate the .csr files from B4i.
As I told you before, it is not necessary to create so many Distribution Certificates in Apple Developer. I have 8 Apps in the App Store

First of all, thank you for your efforts;)

That's clear and not the problem. The enterprise account manages countless apps and therefore it is now necessary that all apps are signed with the one company distribution certificate. It is also a problem that all in-house apps stop working when a distribution certificate is deleted. This does not affect the apps that are in the app store. You can delete and recreate as often as you want.

But that doesn't work that easily because the developers don't have the private key. My own key is completely useless for the certificate and cannot be integrated into the company certificate from my side. The solution seems to be to get the private key from the creator.

Upvote 0