iOS Tutorial Creating a certificate and provisioning profile

Discussion in 'iOS Tutorials' started by Erel, Oct 21, 2014.

1. fbritop

fbritop Active Member Licensed User

I have downgraded to B4I 3.50 and now there is no problem. @Erel might this be a bug on v 3.60?

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
  2. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

Note that you can upload an IPA file with v3.60. The uploader accepts archives and ipa files.

You need to use an app store provision profile, not ad hoc if you are building a store ipa.

3. Manolete

Manolete Member Licensed User

Hi, I am first trying the b4i full version, I am getting this error:

Check dependencies
    Provisioning profile "App Grupo Padilla Devel Ipad" has app ID "marza.appgp.*", which does not match the bundle ID "marza.appgp".
    Code signing is required for product type 'Application' in SDK 'iOS 10.1'

Where is my mistake?

Thanks,
    Manuel

4. Erel

Change the package name to marze.appgp.somethinghere.
    Or change the app id to: *

5. Manolete

Manolete Member Licensed User

Thank you very much Erel,
    That did the work.
    I appreciate it!

Manuel

6. iCAB

iCAB Active Member Licensed User

Hi Guys

I am trying to understand this certificate process

Here is a step by step of what I am doing and the issues I am facing

Step1
    1. To start fresh I deleted all certificates and provisioning profiles
    2. I created an app id with wild character (com.mytestapp.*) so i can build the B4ibridge
    3. I used private sign key to generate the following 3 files: B4i.Keystore, B4i.p12 & certSigningRequest.csr
    4. I used the .csr file in step 3 to create iOS Development certificate ios_development.cer
    5. I create the provisioning profile for (com.mytestapp.*)
    6. Now I have all 5 files in keys1 folder
    7. Build B4I bridge ... so far no problem

Step2
    I need to use a non wild app Id to test push notifications and firebase ( I know that I should use Adhoc etc,,, for firebase, but in general what if this was needed)
    1. I create a new app id, for example: com.aba.app
    2. I create a new folder keys2 on my local machine
    3. I use the new app id and I use private sign to generate the following 3 files: B4i.Keystore, B4i.p12 & certSigningRequest.csr for the new app in the keys2 folder
    4. going back to the developers console, If I click on certificates-> development, I see iOS Development greyed and (Maximum number of certificates generated) ... This is the first problem
    Does anyone know why and how to workaround this issue??

Step3
    I revoke the certificate I created in Step1 and repeat Step1 for com.aba.app. Now I have the B4Ibridge and the app both working ok.

Somehow the second day, b4ibridge stops working... I am not sure if this is related to Step3. I find myself repeating the above steps everyday.

Also while I was reading in the apple discussions form, someone said:
    " You will use the same development certificate for all your apps development provisioning profiles", is this true? and if yes why:
    1. When I try to create a development certificate I am prompted to select .csr (which i believe is related to app id/bundle)?
    2. If I try copying the .csr file created in Step 1 and move it to Keys2 project, the compilation fails

Can someone please clarify what I am doing wrong in here.

7. Erel

Please start a new thread for this in the questions forum.

8. iCAB

iCAB Active Member Licensed User

Thanks Erel,
    I did

9. Erel

The video tutorial was updated.

10. Lakhtin_V

Lakhtin_V Member Licensed User

Hello! I have problems at the stage of "Private Sign Key". When I click Create New
    I'm having a crash Error_Sign_Key.png FolderPath.png FolderPath.png Sign_Key.png

When I do execute the Prodaction step inside the apple.developer I do not find the certSigningRequest.scr
    Therefore I can not go to next step by your video instruction

11. Erel

Your post is difficult to read. You should have started a new thread in the questions forum.

Based on the error message your hosted builder account has expired.