Tool Modified Sdk/AvdManager

Discussion in 'Additional libraries, classes and official updates' started by Semen Matusovskiy, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Semen Matusovskiy

Semen Matusovskiy Active Member Licensed User

Targets:
    1) to expand the list of phones / tablets
    2) to fix troubles with starting Platform 28 AVDs

How to install ...
    1) Download skin.zip - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kTcJjrtevOwi_rAySZ0oATgbIsUdXGOe/view?usp=sharing

2) Extract folder skins into <SDK>\platforms folder.
    For example, the path to Galaxy Nexus skin will be <sdk>\platforms\skins\galaxy_nexus

3) Compile in B4J attached source code and replace B4ASdkManager.jar in B4A folder (typically, C:\Program Files (x86)\Anywhere Software\Basic4Android)

Attached Files:

WhoIsShmoove and Multiverse app like this.
  2. WhoIsShmoove

WhoIsShmoove Active Member Licensed User

I highly recommend if like me you have a problem with your B4AManager after updating in 8.50

3. CaptKronos

CaptKronos Member Licensed User

It's great to have the additional skins but I think for some devices some elements are missing, e.g. Pixel 2, I get: Device definition not found: Phone Pixel 2.

Also, platform 28 is still now working for me. It gets further than before but only to the Android booting screen: the Google G with the horizontal progress bar underneath it.

4. Semen Matusovskiy

Semen Matusovskiy Active Member Licensed User

I use Nexus 5x. So did not notice a problem before.

Unfortunatelly, the situation is more complex. All skins are Ok (copied from Android Studio). The reason is another.
    B4A avdmanager executes avdmanager.bat - list devices and creates an array of devices. And there is no Pixel 2 / Pixel 2 XL in this list.

I don't know, what does Android Studio. But should be a solution. I plan to investigate command line parameters.

PS. Android-28 version 5 works on my PC. There are bugs in emulator, but in general works.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice